Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing dizzynes..waiting for scans..serious?

Ongoing dizzynes..waiting for scans..serious?

Hi everyone

Im new on here today....ive been suffering with depression for ages now...its such a hard struggle. The thing which has made me like this is that ive been suffering with dizzyness for nearly 2 years now. Its got progressivly worse. Obvioulsy as im suffering with anxiety this doesn halp but tests at the hospital show an abnormality in my ears anf swollen thyroid.

Im now waiting to have an MRI scan. Im so scared.........im panicing about the test and i have it in my head that its cancer or a tummour. Which just makes my depression worse :(
    :(

Tatty B xx

hello there,

I too had an MRI scan and all came back normal. Dizziness is normal when suffering from depression or anxiety so I'm sure that you have nothing to worry about!!

Sarah

Hi Tatty B

Welcome to the forum, I suffer a lot with dizzyness and I know it's due to anxiety, try not to worry too much.

Take care

Elaine x

Normall feelings - the test is to reassure you that is all.

Nicola

hi im sure you will be fine and problems with your ears could be the cause too as that makes you feel dizzy

fan x

hi there,
    sounds like it could be something with your ears - if that's the case then they'll be able to sort it out and hopefully that should get rid of some of the dizzyness.
    good luck with the scan, let us know how it goes,
    henri x

Hi Tattybear,

The MRI will really be able to pinpoint the issues by your thyroid or ears and then something can be put in place to start to help you feel better.

Any thyroid issues can give you the same symptoms as panic anyway. Do you have a date for the test yet ?

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell.

When you say the hospital tests show an abnormality in your ears have they explained fully what this abnormality is and how they intend to treat it? Equally have they explained the reasons for and usual treatment of a swollen thyroid? Does your anxiety stem from the dizzy spells or were you suffering with anxiety before this?

With regard to cancer and tumors your doctors would be aware of the profile of such life threatening diseases which would nearly always exhibit many other symptons above and beyond dizzy spells. They would equally not keep you waiting for an MRI for several years if they felt you fitted any known profile of a brain tumor.

Hospital tests are never pleasant, catastrophising their outcome adds further stress. Post your concerns on here and I am sure you will find an encouraging supportive network of people who can offer you good advice. Equally talk to your GP and let them know how worried you are and explain it is causing anxiety and I am sure they will go through any concerns you have.

Hi guys...thanks for you support.

The dizzyness has been going on for a couple of years.this has now in the past year casued me to be depressed and suffer with anxiety.

The hospitla have confirmed there is something wrong so now its time for an mri scan to try and find out what it is.
    the anxiety does make it worse but there is a differeence in the feeling.

I got a letter from hospital last week saying in on a waiting list for the mri scan.i think i just want it over with now!!

I am also hoping on the scan it will just be my head going in the tube like thing.....otherwise i think ill panic!!

Can anyone tell me what an mri was like? was there any injections or anything involved??

thanks guys

Tatty B xx

Hi again Tatty

Love the name by the way!

Sadie on here had an MRI scan so you may like to read through her post ...

MRI SCAN

Hope it helps.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information