Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: valium - half of a half

valium - half of a half

Hi,
    Does anyone take a quarter of a 2 mg valium tablet (apart from withdrawal regime) and does it work for you ?
    I found that taking a whole 2 mg in the morning made me a bit whoozy and sometimes a bit wheepy and just wondered if it would help if I spread the dose.
    Decca.

Re: valium - half of a half

Decca, have you always taken 2mgs?

Hi Domino,
    I've only been trying them for a couple of weeks on and off mainly when I'm really tensed, first thing in the morning as soon I wake up are usually bad,then of course it stays with me all day, so Dr suggested I try some Diaz.
    Decca.

2mg is a tiny dose so I dont think that a quarter of that would do anything at all for your problems. You seem very uncertain about taking it at all, so maybe back to the GP for advice

Joy

Hi again Joy,
    One Dr thought I was getting problems while taking it 'cos I wasn't taking enough ,said I needed at least 2 x 2 mg per day ,another Dr said to stop taking it , so now I'm just confused.
    I don't like taking tablets anyway so as soon as I hit a blip I blame the pill and stop taking them.
    Just need something to ease the tension.
    Cheers
    Decca.

you need to take enough to do the job.you have 2 choices I suppose, try taking 2mg twice a day for a few days to see if you can fool your body to forget to be tense, or give up on them if you are worried about taking them which could be increasing your anxiety

you wont get addicted after a few days

joy

hey decca

i'm on a repeat of 2mg diaz-only take them if and when needed. i have tried taking halves at a time and then quarters. for me, maybe it isnt enough to work but i think pyschologically it does help, thats the thing about taking these tablets. i panic if i run out of them but i can go for weeks without needing one ifi know ive got them...silly really. i've been in hospital the last few days with suspected hyperthyroidism and have been given 5mg diaz to take if and when i need one-to be honest i have been taking half a 2mg 6 times a day, roughly every 2 hours just have a half and its made me better already.

dunno if this helps but personally i'm an advocat for this med due to how much its helped me

much love

lou xxxx

I took 1 on Sunday which didn't make much difference ,took another on Monday and felt good,then Tuesday morning before taking another had a weird screamy feeling so blamed the Diaz. and didn't take anymore,now today I feel really nervy,tense and anxious, perhaps I should take them more frequent.
    Decca.

i think you are blaming symptoms of anxiety on effects of diaz. Not that I'm pro or anti benzos but whatever makes life liveable. like i say 2mg is a tiny dose, most people get prescribed 5mg twice or three times a day for anxiety.
    You really arent giving it a fair trial.Has your Gp suggested anti depressants at all instead

joy

Yes Citalopram but only as an alternative to Diaz. Agrees that I'm not depressed.
    But yea I think you are right in saying that I'm blaming the meds for my anxiety, I read somewhere that Diaz can cause rebound anxiety and restlessness and sorta latched on to it I guess.
    Decca.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information