Thread: Awful Day

Awful Day

Been absolutely fantastic the past few months but past days been feeling really anxious

Sick of the anxiety causing chest pains any advice on stopping them

Re: Awful Day

Hi Frankie23

sorry to hear you are suffering. I am really sick and tired of all my anxieties at the moment especially the lump in the throat one. Even knowing it is pure anxiety bringing it on doesn't make it any the less unpleasant. This may sound mad but one of the best ways I have found of getting rid of anxiety related chest Pain is to clean some windows. I think it must be something to do with the gentle stretching and rubbing that relaxes the muscles. Also when you are concentrating on something else your breathing and anxiety levels reduce to normal. When I have really bad chest pains I just do one window very slowly at first concentrating on each little bit and usually end up doing two or three. You would probably get the same effect by doing any gentle stretching execises but I find it helps to do something with a purpose and the bonus is you end up with clean windows and some extra daylight. good luck

Re: Awful Day

Hi Frankie
    i get chest pains, tight chest, back pain etc which is all muscular due to tension. Citalopram has helped me and reduced the symtoms alot combined with swimming which gently streches the muscles across the chest and back.
    I also use a wheat pillow which you heat in the microwave to put on my back or cuddle into my chest which is very relaxing and soothing.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Donna

Thread Information