Thread: not feeling my best

not feeling my best

i dont know if i mentioned this before but my boss totally screwed me over and tried to sack me for something i didnt do, well when i say tried, i mean did, so im unemployed now, and ive hit another low, the thought of going through another job intervew just makes me want to curl up and fall into a coma, there isnt really another job i can get where i live that i will enjoy as much as my last one, i mean it sounds dumb but the thought of working somewhere i will hate is really getting me down, my panics have come back full force, they are as bad as they were before i went on my medication, and ive been on anti-depressants for 2 years, my boyfriend is really supportive with me and ill be seeing my doctor again in a week or so, my parents just tell me to grow up when i tell them how i feel, im not sure what i can do exept ask the doc for a higher dose of citalopram, i mean im on 20mg at the moment. am i being pathetic, i dont wanna stay in the house, i would love to do volunteer work again but the job center aways gives me hassle for it. i feel like ive hit a brick wall. if i didnt have a shaved head id tear my hair out!

Re: not feeling my best

Hiya hun
    Sounds like your going through a bad patch at the moment. Yourex boss sounds like a nasty peice of work. Sadly in this world there are lots of people like that but there are also great people out there too. If you did get a new job you might like it more then your last one. Change is scary and having to start again with the job interveiws and stuff is hard but worth it in the end. Is there anything you can do to get you out the house? Execise is a great way to help fight off depression and find some motervation.
    I really hope things start to get better for you.
    Blackie

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“True bravery is shown by performing without witness what one might be capable of doing before all the world

This may not sound like an answer to your panic. It's meant as a suggestion for your long-term work strategy. You should think about a work at home situation. Perhaps an online business. I know for me, going to work everyday filled me with overwelming panic. My panic attacks would begin sometimes just before my commute. So if you can start your own thing. Being your own boss can still be stressful. But I find it less stressful in terms of social anxiety.

In the meantime, don't freak out about your upcoming interviews. Think of this as a fresh start. You're on no one's timeline but your own, so don't feel rushed. Just put one foot in front of the other and keep your eye on a goal (whatever that may be). Know that everything IS going to be alright.

Best Regards!

Hi Deadgirl,

You have come through so much-be proud of yourself!!

With the love and support of your boyfriend and a bit of persistence,I am sure you will soon find work again.
    believe in yourself.
    best wishes,
    Chalky

thanks all, i will give it a try, wish me luck xxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your boss, what a mean person!!!!

Job interviews are nerve racking but you never know, you may get a job which you will love more then the last, just have a look around

My Dad has never been sympathetic about my attacks, he reccons that I can easily get over them and that I'm attention seeking (love you too, dad) but parents don't usually seem to be understanding. You have a great boyfriend who supports you that should make you feel better.

Just keep calm, look for a new job, and keep your mind occupied. You will find a new job and it will be better then the last.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Hey hun

I'm sure you can find a better job than the last one - you dont want to work with a boss like that again after all.

It wasnt your fault so dont beat yourself up about it, just keep looking and something better will come along hun. Its great that you have the support of your boyfriend too hun, I'm sure it will all work out good for you

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Work at home sounds good and no you're not being pathetic deadgirl I assure you, I go through this crap daily.

Thread Information