Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liver Enzymes And High Chloestrol

Liver Enzymes And High Chloestrol

Hi

Just after some advice etc

Ive just had my diabetic blood test check up done and have been told I have a raised enzyme in my liver doc is sending me for a liver scan and Im convinced it must be cancer!!!! Anyone had any experience of this???

Also my chlorestrol is 6.2 and he says I am at risk of having a heart attack!!!
    Wants to put me on meds for it but having googled the meds are something called statins and have horrific side effects again anyone had any experience???

I dont have health anxiety as a rule but Im soooo worried about all this

Any help would be appreciated

Kaz x x x

Re: Liver Enzymes And High Chloestrol

Although your cholesterol is above normal it isn't that high. I think the risk of heart attack is still pretty low at that level. My mum and her next door neighbour both have levels of 8-9 and they are fine. They take statins and have had no side effects. I'm sure this is the drug that some doctors think we should all be on after the age of 45 to prevent heart problems in later life. I think like all drugs some people have side effects but probably most are fine with them. Hope this helps a little.

hiya kazzie ,i take simvastatin for my cholesterol have done for 3 year ive not had any problems youre cholesterol reading is quite high ,why dont you discuss with youre gp that youre a bit anxious about taking drugs see what he says he might let you try changing your diet first to lower it , a change of diet did not work for me ,you really should not google drugs for info just makes things worse i used to do that myself but stopped it .sorry i cant be more helpful .

sally.....

Hi

I to have recently had an abnormal liver result and just had a scan which was clear. apparently its very comon and can be due to meds or alcohol / diet. just needs to be kept an eye on every 6 months.

Hi Kazzie,

I have just had the same thing hun.

I had an abnormal liver result to and had a scan last week.

I have to go back to the Doc's this Wednesday for the results.

Hope you will be ok.

Take Care,

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X

Hi Kaz
    I too take Simvastatin for cholesterol and have had no problems at all with it and I'm like you, I hate taking pills but I had no choice because I had a heart attack and it was a build up of fatty deposit in my atery that caused it. Since being on them my numbers have dropped from 6.8 to 3.2. Good luck with it.

Love Fran

Well I'm pretty confused . I had a Cholesterol check a couple weeks ago and when I phoned for the results I was asked to go along to see my Dr as it was borderline at 7.1.
    When I saw the Dr he said that although my serum cholesterol is 7.1 it was fine because the overall result was 4.4. I said that I'd stopped taking Simvastatin because it was making my muscles ache a bit, he said that was OK, no need to take them
    Can anyone throw any light on the diferent figures ?
    Decca.

Just as a matter of interest what time of the day do you other simvastatin users take your tablet and what dose are you on ?
    Also do they interact with Diazepam ?
    I've been getting a bit of dizziness lately and I've read that high cholesterol can cause it, so I'm thinking about going back on them again.
    Cheers
    Decca.

hiya ,youre meant to take simvastatin an hour or two before bedtime ,im on 20mg as i had a very high reading of 7.3 came down to borderline of 5.1 in the first three months ,after six months 3.1 ,my gp told me that high cholesterol on its own is a major factor in heart attacks

sally

Hi Sal,
    Yea thats when I used to take them , I was also on 20mg, I think I'll start them again , my 7.1 is a bit worrying. Don't know why my Dr said it was ok.
    Do you take aspirin or any other heart meds ?
    Decca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information