Thread: eyes not focusing - blurry ???

Question eyes not focusing - blurry ???

Does anyone else have problems with their eyes ?? i seem to get like a problemto focus and have to strain to see properly - i have had this for some time now and i have had my eyes checked - i have been told it could be migrain but i didnt think the visual thing lasted more than an hour or so !! i get mine for a couple of days !! ?? I was told on another website that this isnt normal and that i should see a doc - i have had this for a few years now ! im having an episode now since yesturday morning but then i wont have it again for a month or so !! is this anxiety - a migrain ? what? im really beginning to worry now - doctors dont seem to be too interested either !! - please anyone else get this ???

Re: eyes not focusing - blurry ???

nobody ?

I get it when I am anxious or tired.

I assume you had your eyes tested recently?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This is from the symptoms page on the left ..

Eyes, Blurred vision, Eyes sensitive to light, Dry, watery or itchy eyes

What you feel:

You may see stars or movements out of the corner of your eyes that don't exist. You may also see flashing lights in your eyes or your vision may seem almost kaleidoscope-like. Sometimes you may feel that there is a dark object or something just on the outside edge of your vision, or that your vision is narrowing.

It seems your vision is blurry or out of focus, and it's more apparent now than before.

There are times when your eyes seem more sensitive to light than at others, even to a point of regular light being too bright so that you have to wear sunglasses or squint.

You feel as though your eyes are either always dry, constantly watering or itchy. And often, your eyes are red or 'glossy' looking. Even a good night's rest doesn't help.

Ciliary muscles relax - pupils dilate focusing on distant items sometimes disturbing your vision or allowing odd colours or floaters to be noticed.

What causes this:

Eyes are nerves. The nerves in the eyes send their information to the brain through the nervous system. When the nervous system is over active, the nerves in the eyes can play tricks on you which means we sometimes receive false information. These symptoms are some of the ways we receive this false information.

None of these symptoms are serious when they are attributed to anxiety disorder. However, it is important that you get a professional medical evaluation completed to ensure your condition is related to anxiety disorder.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks - i have had my eyes tested about 2 months ago now
    everything was ok but she refferred me to hospital cause she didnt know what was causing it - although im still getting the blurred vision i am also getting headache and nausea today - so presume its a migraine !! i had ct scans about a month ago so i know theres nothing wrong there !! jsut hate the sickness and not focusing arrghhhh

Still bloody getting this eyes thingy and no worrying about it - am off to docs in about ten minutes but i know they jsut gonna go its anxiety blah blah blah !!!

hi. it is anxiety!!!! you are worrying about it because im assuming your anxiety is health based? mine isnt so i dont get myself so upset about the physical symptoms - infact my anx is more relating to depression and isolation.

my head and eyes have been weird since last night, and this morning i felt a migraine coming on but no it didnt and i just still have a very weird head and blurry vision - but it goes - although this is something ive experienced for the last 21 years and im still here please try to accept it is a symptom of anxiety? emma

Thread Information