Thread: Dreaming of panic?

Dreaming of panic?

Has anyone else ever had a panic attack in a dream? I did last night. Two nights ago I woke up in a panic attack, the first one I've had in months. Then last night I dreamed I was in some kind of amusement park ride that I couldn't get out of and I started fighting for breath and panicking in my dream. It was so realistic. I woke up in the middle of the dream and oddly, was fine. Weird, huh? Especially since I've been suffereing the "aftershocks" of that attack from 2 nights ago...you know, several smaller attacks at random times.

Anyway, just wondering if this is unusual...

Hey,
    Yes, i have had that too. I tend to have dreams where i am out shopping or wherever, and in my dream i think to myself, 'this is what i used to feel like' ,and the minute i think that i start to panic! Weird eh, and i always wake up fine. I think it must be going to bed over thinking about the next day or something?

Take care,

tracy x x

Hi Lilith,

In the past I have had lots of them in a dream and wake up and I'm fine.
    It dose seen strange to have a full blown panic wake up and be fine.
    I am because of this site and the special people on here 98% better most days 100%. After having these night attack and feeling fine, I put this thought into my day time PA's and axiaty. I would think about how I will come through this and be fine just like the night one's.
    Sorry to hear that you have been suffereing aftershocks.
    The hardest thing is to change our thoughs but it CAN be done.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXX

I have the same thing, but, it always involves my hubby. He suffers from fits and I dream that he has a real bad one and ends up dying...that sends me into a panic. It wakes me up and look over to make sure he's ok. The next couple of days after are bad with having PA's.
    But I have to learn how to control these ones better.
    This site I have just found is brill.
    It's like Jill says after finding this site you tend to feel better in yourself. It may not be 100% but even it's 1 or 2% it's still better than b4.

with good wishes

Zena

I have never had those bad dreams but I know that it is very normal amongst people who suffer from panic attacks so you are not alone..

Yes, I have had that at times. It sucks, doesn't it?

Sometimes you can force yourself to wake up and that helps a little. Do some reading on what is called "lucid dreaming." Knowing that I had that ability to control things really helped me understand.

Yes, that happens to me. If I'm anxious and keep having thoughts that "Oh no [insert bad thing] is going to happen!" in my dreams there will be people telling me I'm right. It's strange.

I have and i have woken myself up crying in my sleep and felt like i was totally losing it.

Not nice i know but remember it is only a dream and we tend to dream of things that are upfront in our minds.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Oh my. This just happened to me last night. It was pretty weird and it didn't help that I was getting really bad sleep due to my husband snoring. It was strange.

Sorry you are not doing much better, horrible dreams can disturb us but rememer they are dreams and not reality, the can be linked to how you are feeling hon and if you go to bed with something playing on your mind it wont help.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Thread Information