Thread: I am new here and need advice please

I am new here and need advice please

I am in the very early stages of recovery from a severe nervous breakdown accompanied by panic attacks and sever anxiety, I am now left with the following sensations and would love to know if anyone else has experience of this. a) Sometimes if I am sitting still I still feel like I am moving. b) sometimes my ears feel as though the muscles in them have clamped up. Well wishes to everyone reading this.

Re: I am new here and need advice please

Hi Lindy,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Check out the Probems/Issues section of the Main menu for information on symptoms.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi LindyF

I havn't had the ear symptoms but definately the sitting down ones!! And hundreds of others. I found that sitting quietly and concentrating on something else would help me to let it pass. My way of addressing panic is to know it and "go with it".

Funky xx

i can relate to the ear symptons you describe - the only way i can describe it is it feels like "swimming pool" noise in the background - all echoing and muffled and i feel very dizzy and disoerintated and then usually, the panic begins.

I wish you well in your recovery, take care of yourself xxxxx

Hi lindy
    welcome to site your get lots of help and support here.
    as for your symptoms. it could be muscle tension, try doing some relaxation excersises, starting from feet up to head, by tension each muscle hold for 10 then release, feet,calfs,thigh,bum,tummy,chest, neck,face. have a look around site, u will lots of diffrent idears. one i think is good, is to stand, and swing arms from side to side, then move upper body with it including head, u cant tense while swinging, like when u do waist exercise, also very good it u are having panic attack, i have got in the habit of doing it several times a day just to make sure my muscle are not tense,

good luck
    good to have u on board

sandy

Hi linda

Me too. Recovering from a high state of anxiety. I never seem to run out of new symptoms. Its as if my mind is trying to create new ways of trying to reawaken the anxiety within. I sometimes get a rush like feeling through my ears as if there is a pressure in them, usually followed by a humming sound.

As claire weekes says just allow the symptoms to come and float through them without thinking about them. I learnt a new meditation today on clarity of the mind where you visualise a clear blue sky and put your thoughts and worries in the fair weather clouds and watch them float away. Excellent for calming the mind.

Good Luck

Mee

Thread Information