Thread: Gabapentin

Gabapentin

The Dr has given me this today, it is normally used for epilepsy but the Dr thinks it will help with my pains as it is something to do with the nerves in my brain sending the pains, she said if this does work then it will be fantastic for me, i was just wondering if anyone else has been given this for anxiety pains?

My pains are normally chest and left arm pain.

Thanks
    Carrie

Re: Gabapentin

I was on it for 6 mnths and unfortunately it did not help even at high doses

Hi Alison, Was that for anxiety? I still haven't taken it as I am so scared it will make me feel worse, I don't mind trying it and it not working as least I have tried something.

It was for anxiety and "pains". the dose started off fairly low and then eventually it felt like I was always taking them. It may have taken a slight edge off but defintely nothing noticable.

Thanks Alison, I went back to the Drs yesterday to see a different Dr and got a 2nd opinion, He thinks I should give them ago anyway and just see how I get on, if I get side effects or anything then just to come off them.

I still haven't managed to take them yet though, something inside me is petrified of taking them, I explained this to the Dr but he wasn't very nice.

Thread Information