Thread: think im going mad

think im going mad

hi ive been suffering from anxiety for about a year now and lately its got worse i feel wound up all the time ive been to the docs and i take 30mgs of seroxate a day i constantley feel ill and i have daily headachs and feel dizzy 247 ive had to have most of the week of work this week cos i drive for a living and felt to dizzy i worry that it may be somthing wrong with my brain im always looking on the net for my symptoms even though i know i shoudnt im just really fed up with it all its driving me mad does anybody else feel like this

Re: think im going mad

Hi tink

The symptoms you have are of course anxiety related but could also be due to the seroxat. It may be worth having a word with your doc to see if these are the best tabs for you. How long have you been taking them for. When I took them a few years ago it was at least 6 weeks before I felt any better or able to drive again.

Relaxation and massage might help with the wound up feeling. Is there any particular reason for the anxiety dealing with the problem would of course be helpful if it is possible.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hello Tink,

Look at what is going on in your life at the moment to make you feel so stressed. Are you worrying about your problems or everybody elses' ? Sheba's right - go see your GP and make sure this med is right for you.
    Do you find driving itself stressful ? maybe you GP would give you a cert for some time to rest and sleep properly - we all need to rejuvenate minds that get so tired with anxiety.
    Be kind to yourself

Hi Tink,

I'd have a chat with your GP if you haven't already just to check the symptoms aren't caused by the seroxate. Feeling dizzy is a really common symptom of anxiety and so are stress headaches so I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. When we feel anxious it is really easy to breath too fast without knowing. The excess oxygen we absorb is the cause of the dizziness and once we notice the feeling our thoughts are drawn to it which makes things worse.

There are some good tips about breathing correctly in the how to cope link on the left. Try to take your time doing things as well because rushing around can make us feel flustered.

Good luck,

Mike

i thank you for your reply i have been on the tabs for about 10 years now as i had anxiety with postnatal deppression and just never came off them my doc recently uped the dose to 30 instead of 20 coz i havent been coping

Thread Information