Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heart Flutters, Irregular heart beat?

Re: Heart Flutters, Irregular heart beat?

Quote Originally Posted by neil1975 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing well.
    I haven't posted on hear for quite a while but still visit quite regularly.
    I had a serious bout of anxiety and depression last year. It caused me to quit my job and become agrophobic. With medication, time and effort I got through the worst of the anxiety and depression. I started a new job earlier this year but still suffer anxiety.
    Is EXACTLY what happened to me, although my anxiety started when I got my nose broken. I'm still scared to go outside now... Unless it's to the GP's lol.

I get heart flutters and palpitations when I begin to panic, and some random chest pains at other times.

Mine's just anxiety, and I know this. =o/

Hope everything's okay Emz xx

hi neil,
    yes i have been in a very similar situation. it took me a long time to work out what was going on with my heart, wether it was anxiety like the docs thought or wether it was something else.
    i now have been diagnosed with a minor heart condition.
    the reason i have replied to this is not to confirm your worst fears its to try nad help give you some perspective.
    the tests you have had so far have certainly ruled out the possibility of any serious heart defect, that is a fact, if something was seriously wrong those test would have picked it up.
    this leaves you with two possiblities
    anxiety
    rate or rhythm problem/electrical
    neither of which are fatal or dangerous.

the holter moniter will be able to pick up on any electrical problem you have if you have one.
    and if it does then honestly this not something to be scared of. you will not die/have a heart attack or anything it just means the electrics in your heart sometinmes randomly will send out a few extra signals and believeme once you are reassured that is all it is then you will feel much better.
    my thoughts are that it is anxiety that is causing most of the problems and that your heart is really really strong and healthy.
    again i want to say that i am not trying to add to your fear just help you see more clearly where you are right now.
    its a shame its taken so long to get the holter thing sorted but stay calm if you can and see what happens with the readings.
    oh and if you have certain triggers that make your heart go a bit wierd like tiredness booze etc then do those things whilst you are wearing the holter so you can try and pick it up on the readings.
    most of all please believe me when i say that you WILL be safe and your heart is strong.
    i have a lot of experience in this having gone through years of confusing symptoms.
    im still here nad my heart is still beating.
    take good care
    let me know how you get on
    kelly x

I have had that fluttering in my chest for a long time. I am about to wear a monitor for 24 hours for the 2nd time. The first time was in 2001 but now I get them alot so they are going to recheck just to make sure. My EKG was normal.
    Some of the symptoms I read are very similar to when I have a panic attack. As hard as it may seem try to convince yourself that you are fine. I would also see the doctor as much as you need until you are sure, if you need to see a different doctor. It took me 4 tries to finally find a doctor that did not blow me off.

Quote Originally Posted by xPaulx View Post
    Hey guys!
    have read all the above posts with some relief, some wory and alot of interest.

Im a very healthy 28yr old male, i reguarly exercise, gym 5 times a week, run, swim, play squash, football etc... i eat healthy and only drink socially.... Last October I was sat at my desk at work and all of a sudden had this very intense heart racing, fluttering, dizzy symptoms, felt short of breath, like a spasm in the chest, not painful, just strange... i felt like i was gonna pass out any second, it was so bad i had to run out of work and phone for a life to go home.
    I went straight to the hospital and had an ECG test which came back fine... up until this episode id never has this before.
    Some days the symptoms are non existent and some days they are bad.... another night i felt so bad that I went to A&E, had 2 ECG Scans, a chest x-ray, thyroid gland tests, blood tests and a 24 hour Holter monitor.... all came back healthy and fine.

I still get these symptoms to this day, 8 mnths on, Obviously im scared as it really can interrupt your everyday life, and the natural response is to worry, thus making the symptoms worst.

Does this sound like what most of you have been getting? is it just anxiety? i would have hoped that if there was something deeper rooted that the tests would have picked something up.
    Strange thing is i am not stressed or anxious about anything, and the first episode was a bolt out of the blue.

Really just posting here to look for piece of mind.

Thanks
    Paul.
    My symptoms too came on suddenly and seemingly without reason. I went to the Emergency Room and was tested for a few days...everything was normal expect occasional palpitations. Some days I am fine, a few nights ago I woke out of a sound sleep unable to breathe and shaking, my heart racing. I woke my husband thinking I was having a heart attack. He reminded me to relax and breathe deeply, it was likely a dream that triggered it. I took a Xanax (alprazolam) and laid back down. After a few minutes I fell asleep and woke in the morning just fine. It is hard to accept that something that makes you feel so SURE you are having a heart attack is simply all in your head. I feel like I am crazy some days.

I'm also having the same issues as Neil1975, when I read it I thought to myself I could print it off and show it to people who don't understand!

Over recent weeks I've made improvement however when I get a flutter or 2 it sets me spiraling backwards, my partner has been my rock (to coin a phrase) over the last 2 years.

I just don't understand why when I am not consciously thinking about it I still get symptoms!

Reading this thread helped me and I'm glad to see it on the top of google under heart flutters as it will hopefully help others!

I'm still afraid to exercise although I have started walking my dogs more so hopefully I can build on that.

Ive started jogging again. But ponly for 5 mins at a time then im back in the house waiting for my pulse to slow. Gonna try a bit more though.

I am so with you on this I have all of the symptoms people have been describing - I pretty much know alcohol and tiredness makes them worse and I am waiting to see a cardiologists which Im scared about but trying to block out of my mind for now. I hope they dont find anything wrong otherwise that will freak me out entirely!! Lets hope my story is as happy as the rest of you

suz

I don't know what to say except youre not alone. Like you I been told anxiety so much but they symptoms got to the point I had to ask the doctor what my rights were. I see cardiologist on 20th May and I am prayinng its all anxiety. Take care and hope your check up is clear, and then you can work on the anxiety more. I am also agoraphobic. Hugs

sorry Paul was meant to post on neils thread must have clicked link, if youre holter is good that is great news, anxiety really can play some bad tricks on us look at the symptoms section on this site for reassurance take care

lol just lets call it a bad day and me lost the plot shall we take care all and stay strong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information