Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heart Flutters, Irregular heart beat?

Re: Heart Flutters, Irregular heart beat?

i get irregular heart beats and flutters any 1 no how 2 carm down when you have them i have them all the time and i wake up thinking i will die and them that fear makes them even more worse HELP ??

Hi all, so so glad ive found this page. I have been having ongoing problems since January 2010. I have been diagnosed with Acid Reflux and IBS in August this year. Since January i have been having what started off with a hard thud in my chest and felt slightly lightheaded for a second afterwards. This has now stopped and changed to a flutter feeling in the chest, sometimes central, sometimes left side, accompanied by a rising sensation up into my neck and my neck muscles squeeze. I have this a few times each day. I have been seeing a counsellor for Health Anxiety over my heart, as i truely believe i am building up to a Heart Attack and am going to die!! I have been to a &e twice, had 3 ECG's and blood tests - all "normal". Keep getting told its anxiety or ibs/acid reflux. When i get this rising sensation and squeeze in neck its not painful, just makes me uncomfortable, as if im being strangled, then i become frightened as i believe its my heart. I have eventually been refferred to a Cardiologist and am booked in for a 24 hr Holter Monitor. I am so so so fed up of being frightened about the Heart thing, its taking over my life. Always on my mind daily. Does anyone else experience this, could it be acid reflux or ibs rather than my heart???? Any thought would be muchly appreciated. Thanks Guys

Hi Paul,

I think you have trust the docs and test results in this case. I have been anxious since my early forties and it's not good because you worry so much that it makes you sick. I think it's all mental but I do understand you. I am taking medication to lessen the chances of having irregular heart rhythm which is not nice at all

All the best

Dave

Wow reading this thread like I could have written some of the comments myself! My experiences seem very similar to those of neil1975, peter34uk, and xPaulx.

I am 33, and I have been struggling with HA for the past 18 months or so (triggered by collapsed lung and subsequent VATs operation). While the focus is my chest, it wasn't the heart until recently. The past week I've had heart palpitations and "flutters" - seemingly from nowhere (like I've not been "anxious" at that moment). I've had a ECG and bloods done at the doctors - all normal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information