Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Health anxiety/paranoia??

Health anxiety/paranoia??

OK so ive had this stupid rash for ages now..... i now only have a few spots in the morning when i wake up and they soon fade into the day

BUT.........

the intial fear i had over the rash has multiplied but 10. Ive had me blood tests done and all was fine but STILL i'm paranoid that i'm 1) Gonna have n allergic reaction to something or 2) my throat is just going to close over for the sheer hell of it or 3) my tongue is gonna swell up!!

I swear it's driving me insane

This is how bad it has got....

1. even stuff i have been eating for years, i'm scared to go near incase i'm allergic.

2. scared to touch some things incase i'm allergic

3. i won't try anything new, yup you got it-incase i'm allergic

4. if i wake during the night, i search my body for any type of sopt/rash

5. i'm always rolling my tongue to make sure it's not swollen

5. constantly looking in the mirror to make sure i got a nice wide throat and it's not swelling

When will it ever end?? I honestly thought when my bloods came bk ok, that would be the end to my paranoia but it seems i'm wrong again.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry for yet another rant

Love Lisa
    xxxxxx

Re: Health anxiety/paranoia??

Hi Lisa
    Awww I am really sorry to hear you are feeling like this-----you have been so kind in helping me with my last 2 posts!
    Well---what can i say other than i know EXACTLY how you are feeling cos i am the same myself!!
    As i said, I went to the doctors just before Xmas after prodding about with a swelling on my neck for 6 weeks.
    He felt it--said there was nothing there---even though i am comvinced that i can still feel something---but still sent me for an X ray of my chest/neck and blood tests.
    These all came back 100% fine but yet i still continue(as i said in my last post) to prod and poke about day in and day out!!!
    Plus---I even got another GP at the same practice to have a feel of my neck!!!!
    What is it all about????I wish that we could be different.
    I keep telling myself that i am fine, I have had all the tests and i am ok.I keep repeating it several times a day but hey it doesnt work!!
    Sorry hun that i cant be more help to you---I soo wish i could but if you need to PM me please do cos i fully understand what you are going through.
    I am sure that you are fine cos blood tests are so reliable(what am i saying cos i need to take my own advice LOL LOL!!!!!)
    It is so tiring though isnt it??I understand totally about checking in the night cos i do the same. Light goes on, mirror out and hey i am looking for lumps and bumps at 4am in the morning. How mad am I????
    Take care and mail me if you need to chat xxxx

I recon this bleedin Health anxiety is taking the p**s jelly!! what are we like?....I got few spots now under the waist band of my jeans, i just saw them and started to panic till my friend came in and said and told me they were tiny compared to what i have had and to stop panicing as i will make it flare up!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!

I think i need a live in doctor to constantly re-assure me lol

Thanks hun for the reply!!

Oh and you pm me anytime too

Lots of love

Lisa
    xxxx

awwww lisa and jelly big hugs to both of you and i hope this passes for you real soon. i know how frustrating the getting up in the night and constant checking can be ive done it myself. plz try not to worry so much and let your mind do over time, i know how hard that is to do but plz try.
    take care

kellie. xxxxxxxxx

ps ill try to put it into practise as well.

Hello Lisa,
    I had this fear after my allergic rash as well - couldn't think of anything to have caused it and started to ret! under your waistband is probably a small heat rash. I think your body might be a little more reactive than usual to things like heat and sweat for awhile. The worry fades away, though - I don't even think about it now. Hope you start forgetting about it soon!
    Seeker

thanks so much gals!! your always there with good advice!

My little rash is now quite large, but still around the waistband where me jeans were, erm prob coz i took them off and let me skin breath again hehe!!

thankyou again!!!

mwah mwah

xxxxxxxxx

Hey Lisa

You will get the rash when pressure is applied, its called dermographisim

And i was petrified of eating/drinking for ages, as i was scared it would induce a reaction.

Remember hunny, its chronic, not acute so would not be a reaction to food etc..

We will get there!!! AAGGHHHH

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can and will get through this....

Ems....

DermoWHAT hun??? soz i'm so blonde when it comes to that!!

Damn i feel better already though lol!!!

xxxxx

Oh Lisa where oh where has the lady gone that sent me a text message the other day full of happiness???? God love you sweetpea cos it's so c%$p when the reasurrance doesnt last long hun I told you to put what the doctor told you onto your fridge didnt I didnt I aye you dopey mare You have all the hugs you need from me as I've been where you are soooooo many times and we are our own worst enemies where this old health anxietys concerned.

P.S. Mind them hugs aint sexual ok xxxxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Mandy thanks me darlin mate!! I know i'm defo my own worst enemy because as far as i know, stress can bring me spotties out...and i woke up this morning with some on me tummy and instantly felk sick, panicy, sweaty and grrrrrrr all the usual things! i have been stressing over the past few days but don't know how to stop!!!

loads of Love

Lisa
    xxxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information