Thread: Does it ever stop?

Smile Does it ever stop?

Hiya
    I'm Jo..I have been suffering with depression on and off for years now.I have good days I have bad days and i have very bad days.There are times when I just can't face life.I have taken tablets which don't seem to be working at all!!.I was just wondering does depression ever go away or is there a way to help it go away!!.
    Take Care xxx

Re: Does it ever stop?

Hi
    Yes you can get rid of depression. How long and what tablets are you taking?
    If you elaborate a bit more as to the kind of medication you take and if you had any therapy in the for of psychology etc, then we maybe able to offer some advice. This forum is great for that. Read some of the posts and you will see that you are not alone.

Best regards

Andy

hi jo, welcome to the site, depression can go away i had it bad for few years and turned to exercise, now i walk loads during day and keep busy and the feelings from that are just as good as pills, you will get loads of help on here xxxx

Hiya,thanks for your posts.
    I have been on paroxatine and the latest one fluoxatine!!.I don't feel any different on either!!.I have had counselling and didn't feel like the lady was bothered about what I had been though or anything so I never went back!.Silly really!!.
    I have just started going to aerobics and looking after myself so fingers crossed i hope to feel better.
    take care jo xx

Hi Jo
    I think you should have carried on with the counseling as it would help in the long run. Of course I agree with exercise and keeping busy as this definately helps. Seems you are doing the right things but as I said perhaps you should look for another therapist if you are not happy with the one you saw. There is so much to choose from out there. Scan the internet and this forum.

Best regards

Andy

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Don't worry about the "big picture".
    How about focusing on the fact that you are taking active steps to deal with your issues.With determination and commitment,you can and will get better, one day at a time.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Thank you so much for your replies xx I am more determined then ever to help get over this.I am suprised my partner is still with me!!.xx

Hi Jo
    Your partner must love you and is supportive so go for it, do everything thats needed to get rid of this anxiety. Just keep posting and asking questions about whatever you want because there will always be somebody on here to point you in the right direction.

Best regards

Andy

Thanks for your reply Andy its appreciated.x

Thread Information