Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Speight

Mark Speight

Heard on the news that he's been found dead.I thought this was going to be the outcome,but prayed that he was just lying low for a while.Very sad news and for some reason its made me feel quite upset.
    julie x

Re: Mark Speight

your not alone julie, it is soooo sad when anyone takes their own lives - its so final and the opportunity to recover and live your life is lost completely i have watched this guy on smart for the last 10 years and on other things, and my daughter loves him because she is really into art - such a shame

I havent even told my daughter cos she loves him too.
    Such a shame.

I loved his big picture/little picture art work. Always the highlight of the show for me.

He was a very talented man.

It was all a huge mess wasn't it really? His poor family and friends.....

Yes I too was very sad by this news.

Love Piglet

hi all, my daughter is 10 in may and i come from a family of very open people, so we tend to talk about EVERYTHING!!!! sometimes even im embarrassed im amazed that my husband seems to cope better with questions about S-E-X from her

and a few times recently suicide has been mentioned on tv and she has asked and it has concerned me that she now knows this happens - im sure all you mums of older kids know this only too well - its sad when they lose their innocence isnt it? and to see someone they know off the telly do this is very sad for all of them to see this happen to him

Poor man, I can't begin to imagine what he must have been going through to take his own life, dreadful news and i agree, his family must be going through hell now.
    My son was inspired to take A level art because he loved his shows ..... such a shame

Oh my god, that's awful. I only saw a report on the news the other day that he had been spotted at a tube station

Must be a hard time for his family, such a shame.

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Myself and my daughter found out last night on the late news she is 11 this sad news prompted her to ask loads of questions about suicide, she loves art and liked Mark a lot,

Poor Mark may he rest in peace he was only 42, fit as anything, he really had a lot going for him,he must have been distraught in his grief over the loss of his girlfriend.

Debbie

Hi Hopeful and everyone

I was thinking of posting a thread about him too cos it really got to me also .
    I saw it on msn about 3am and was so gutted .
    Like u all , my 6 yr old watched tv and he made me laugh cos he was a bit crackers at times , full of fun , full of life . His best mate said in the press he had a serious side too .......... and I wonder if it's this side of him that took over kinda thing .
    It is hard to get yr head round isn't it when someone who seems to have such a fantastic future and a unique gift like he did , would end his life , so very sad .
    I think he loved his girl so very much , and he felt guilty cos he was asleep when she died . I wonder if the guilt overwhelmed him cos of the inquest . I think my daughter will be quite 'whatever mum' about it but I reckon thats lucky sorta thing .

Sorry folks for going on
    Just feel strongly about this
    Night God Bless Mark ........... You were a star mate .

Love to all
    Hope xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information