Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIARIES

DIARIES

How many of you keep a daily journel?
    This was something that i did for about 8yrs (although i have to admit that i did not write in it every day) But now this journal is precious to me. A journal allows you to see how far you have come and more importantly .....how you felt it also allows us to look back after a short while, and look at things in a different light.
    I know that on some days if i had tried to do something and i didnt do it without panicking i frequently felt like a dissappointment to myself....i would really beat myself up over these things ...and writing it down and then letting a week or so pass and re- reading it makes us see things differently.....i could sometimes say to myself ...at least i tried.

della[8D]

Della

I think quite a few are keeping them on here as Meg suggested it and it seems to really help people.

I used to make recordings onto a tape cassette - makes me cry to listen to it now though !

Glad it helped you too.

Nicola

I think it's a good idea and has been mentioned many times on here before.

I've often thought about keeping journals myself, but maybe I'm scared as to what they would turn into! I can picture a series of very in depth, yet illegible books, that would drive even the most sane individual into a state of infinite confusion!

It still tempts me though...

mico

I keep saying that Im going to start one but still haven't got around to it..hopefully I will one day soon..

Mico

If you wrote a diary it would be an epic tale after just one day LOL!! We know you like to write and philosophise (spelling)!

Nicola

Nic

If you think what I write in here is bad, it isn't a scratch on what I would write if I knew no one else would be reading it!!

mico

LOL Mico - you are a star and we love your posts when you get your "epic post" head on!

Nicola

I always used to keep a diary as a teenager so my hubby bought me a journal out on holiday in Florida last year-they have a book for everything over there. I'm trying to fill it with happy memories as well as affirmations and positive thoughts from self-help books and websites. It's good to look back on when Im feeling low.

I've even put a few photos of me on the roller-coasters to prove how brave I can be.

Di

I keep a scrap book too - it may sound sad but it contains achievements to me - bus tickets, plane tickets, tram tickets, concert tickets etc. Just to remind me that I can do those things and when I did them.

May sound sad to some people but I am sure you all see it as achievements to date!

Nicola

Hi Della

I wrote a diary and put my deepest thoughts into it and logged how often i needed to take diazepam etc, but someone broke my trust and read it and although i gained a lot from having one, im not happy to do it again although it helped me loads.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information