Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant, No Meds and Getting Worse!

Pregnant, No Meds and Getting Worse!

I am now 9 weeks pregnant and feeling terrible. I have been off my medication for 5 weeks now and all the panic feelings are coming back!

I have got a racing heart, missed beats, shakes, panic attacks, feeling faint and keep thinking I am going to die.

Also not sure if the constant nausea is pregnancy or nerves.

The Doctor has said I cannot take any medication whilst pregnant.

I am due to see a Councillor on Thursday, although I cannot see this will help. I am a wreck. I have even considered not continuing with the pregnancy so that I can go back onto some medication.

This is ruining my life and I hate it! Just need some advice!!!!

hi Laura,

So sorry to hear that you are going through such a horrid time. Being pregnant is probably adding to your nausea and making you feel worse on the whole. Don't give up on the counselling until you have been. It really helped me even though I didn't think it would. I hope things start looking up for you soon!!

Sarah

hi laura

sorry you are feeling so low....you can always talk through your feelings at anytime by posting on here if you can learn to control your symptoms by using relaxation and taking time for yoursel...having a new baby can be very excitingplease allow yourself to enjoy it.....if you need to talk PLEASE do not hesitate to get in touch i will be here for you.

della

Laura

I bet it is pregnancy causing the sickness but the withdrawal from meds wouldn't help.

Do you really want to be on meds that much that you abort the child ? I am sure you don't. Did you want this baby?

You need to start coping with the panic by looking after yourself and facing it head on. Re-read all the info on the website - www.nomorepanic.co.uk and especially the "First steps" post and the "Coping" one. You can get through this without meds and then you get to keep the baby too.

Talk to the counsellor and let them help you.

It can be done without meds - I haven't taken any for over 7 years and I am doing fine - it was hard work yeah but it can be done.

Your decision at the end of the day but think carefully about it ok!

Nicola

Hi Laura

Sounds like a tricky predicament you're in. Not sure if I have any advice, but would like to offer some encouragement.

I'm not surprised you're feeling a little panicky, it must be quite a stressful time for you. I'm sure pregnancy won't help the way you feel either.

I think it's a good idea to see your therapist, even if you don't think it will help, it's always good to get someone elses perpective.

Whatever you decide to do I'm sure it'll work out well, just try to be positive about it. In 8 years I have never taken any medication. There have been times when I have thought I was going to lose it, but all in all most of the time I get by ok. And you will too.

Ok, so I'm not too good at encouragemnt either. All I want to say, is that sometimes things get on top of you, but when you start looking from a different perspective, it's not always as bad as it appears.

mico

hi it might all settle down when you get to the 12 week stage as the sickness tends to ease and then you can start trying to solve the other stuff im sure your hormones are causing much of them as we know how we always feel worse when were having periods etc.............ask about other stuff you can take such as rescue remedy or something go for the alternative im sure there will be info somewhere about whats safe to use during pregnancy

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

The pregnancy wasn't planned, but I have a lovely husband and two gorgeous boys and always did want another child but was just going to wait until I was feeling better.

I also suddenly lost my mum last year to heart attack and I miss her terribly.

I just wonder if I am being fair to my husband and children because when I feel this way everything in the house changes. My husband becomes the mum and try as I might I just feel useless. I am sure my kids are fed up with hearing "mummy isn't feeling well!" x x

I'm sure things will get better soon Laura. I wish you all the best.

Hi Laura,

I just wanted to let you know that you can take anti-anxiety medicine when you are pregnant. I know, I have a healthy 11 year old to prove it! Of course it is best to be tablet free, but telling you medicines will abort your baby is irresponsible and simply not true. It makes me really angry. Find a sympathetic doctor and he will help you make life a lot easier. It really can be done. My daughter had no ill effects at all, and I was able to enjoy my pregnancy.

Christine

Laura

Well you have to decide what you want more.

Personally I would do all I could to keep the baby and work on getting over the panic etc. It can be done!

We are here to help if we can.

Good luck.

Nicola

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information