Afternoon all.

I’m at work at the moment, and feeling light-headed and kind of unreal. All too familiar, and the really b****y annoying thing is that it tends to last all day. *sigh*

I was just wondering – do other people tend to get this a lot (most) of the time, or does it tend to be more intermittent? Any tips for stopping it?

I’m aware of good breathing practice, so I’ve been working on that. I remember reading in some self help book that once you’ve ‘accepted’ the symptoms (i.e. you realise they can’t hurt you), you end up ignoring them and they stop. Has this worked for anyone? Any better suggestions gratefully received!

It’s really annoying when I’m out walking (I used to love going on big walks), but the scariest time it occurs is when I’m driving. Just occurred to me a couple of days ago – what if I pass out then? Not much evidence of this happening, I admit, but it scared me nonetheless. I rang up NHS Direct this morning just to check that, given that I’ve never fainted from anxiety before, it’s pretty unlikely I’m actually going to start now – they told me to go get a check up from my GP. Sigh. Think I’m becoming my doctor’s worst nightmare …

Thanks for all the ongoing support, by the way – it’s really, really good to talk to people going through the same thing

Yours,
Henry