Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to work ...

Back to work ...

Hi all,

I am back to work part time tomorrow morning after 5 months since having a brain tumour removed back in Feb.

I feel so much better since finding this site a few weeks ago after suffering panic attacks for the first time since coming out of hospital.

They came out of the blue but i now seem to have them under control thanks to all you wonderful people on here.

My workplace have been brilliant paying me all the way through and they are still going to pay me full pay for only 12 hours a week !!! Which is reassuring when you have a mortgage etc .....

Thanks again for your advice and i will continue to come on here for reassurance.

Mandy xxxxx

Re: Back to work ...

so glad to hear you are recovering well and are going back to work and that you found help from nmp take care, emma

Thanks Emma all the symptoms i was getting was matched by the ones listed on here, which really put my mind at ease and eased the panic.

Still get a little episode but do the breathing and distract myself and seems to work.

Because i have to take anti epileptic drugs for so long after the surgery i was worried a panic attack might bring another seizure on which is how they found the tumour in the first place, never had one before !!

Should be ok now hopefully, check up in May with consultant to check no re growth.

Thanks again

Mandy xx

hey mandy, what you have been through would be really really hard for anyone to deal with - weve all got our limits havent we? i can totally understand that you would be frightened to have another seizure, my husband has night ones and ive seen him afew times when he was off his meds and it is a nasty experience for the sufferer - but i dont think a panic could trigger one? what does your consultant say? also does your consultant know whether you would have another siezure now just because youve had one/them before? i could see that you would think one meant you had another tumour. this must have been a really awful and stressful time for you? i wish you well in the future, dont let panic become apart of your life take care, emma

Hi Mandy,

Hope you enjoy your first day back at work hun, they sound like a really nice understanding company

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Hi Mandy, well done on getting back to work. Take it easy and enjoy it (well, as much as someone can enjoy work, but you know what I mean lol)

Take care

x

Pickle x

Hi mandy

Im so glad you have made a full recovery. You must of gone to hell and back with worry and stress, no wander you are suffering with anxiety and panic. Im sure once things settle down I hope your panic will reduce with time.

good luck with going back to work, your work place sound very supportive and caring.

take care and keep in contact with us.
    love smudgie

Thank you all for your kind words, hopefully Emma, as the seizure was caused because it was pressing on the brain as it was so big ( size of a small orange )i have been told that i shouldn't get another by my doctor, but it is always in the back of my mind. The anti fit drugs are used for so long after having surgery on the brain as a precaution.

This frightens me more than the tumour !! Sounds daft i know.

But now the tumour has gone hopefully all will be well.

Thanks again to this site my worries seem to be disappearing.

Mandy xxxx

Hi Mandy

Just popped in to see how your return to work has been going. Hopefully you have settled in and are gradually 'working' your way back into it.

Take care and keep us updated

Pickle x

Hi Pickle

Work went really well, lots of hugs from my friends.

I was surprised how well i got into it again, it was if i had never been away lol!!

In again tomorrow 9-1 and again saturday.

Will keep you posted.

Mandy xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information