Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain in leg/dvt??

Pain in leg/dvt??

I am in abit of a tizz tonight.

I have been in work all day, I am a receptionist in a busy office but today it was rather quiet so for most of the day I was sat at the pc working. I often cross my legs when I sit and since I have left work my right buttock aches and my right calf muscle. It hurts just where my left knee has been sticking into the back of my right leg.

It hurts if I bend my right leg and bring my leg up behind me the calf muscle aches and it hurts if I walk up the stairs.

I am worrying now I have a blood clot or something, my chest feels a bit tight which is bound to be from worrying.

I got in and spoke to my mum who straight away said I wouldn't get a dvt so quickly and it wouldn't happen from sitting at my desk all day even if my legs were crossed.

It does feel like its the muscle is aching but I have never experienced this before. Sometimes my buttock aches from sitting alot (I am prone to sciatica since having my kids) but soon eases but this is in my calf and its worrying me tonight.

Any reassurance?

Re: Pain in leg/dvt??

Hi Cherry,

Have a chat with your health and safety officer at work.See if this could be the result of e.g. poor seating.At work,I always make a point of standing up and having a good stretch of my legs at regular intervals.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Thanks,

I did walk around, I never sat for more than an hour, I get bored so have a walk around but as I was crossing my legs and it aches where I had my legs crossed its worrying me. Feel abit panicky now:-(

I read you only get it if you are stationary for hours on end, like on a long haul flight and you don't move or if you stuck in bed and just stuck there for days. My Aunt had dvt I discovered and she was in emense pain when she got it, and her leg swelled up pretty bad as well as one of my friends.

It might just be an annoyance created by your seating habits. If you are very worried maybe a call to the NHSdirect service could calm your nerves. I worry about DVT a lot I just don't google because there is so much conflicting advice. Is the pain still there if you rest your leg raised?

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
    Janie

Hi,

No when I am resting up like now it doesn't hurt at all, its only if I walk up the stairs or lift my leg, so really using the leg muscle.

I have heard of people having DVTs and not having symptoms so I am worried:-(

I don't want to go ringing anyone tonight, I am on my own with the children so I can't get out and ringing these lines just makes me more anxious.

I'm sure you will be ok i know when i'm sat at my computer, which i do most nights and with my legs crossed they hurt or ache in some way. i have a small electrical heat pad that i lay on or over my legs arms etc in bed and this seems to really help. I was having haveing a aching pain in my lower back leg for about 3 weeks and i got this and used it a few nights and it started going and i've not really had it since only if i sit funny or do sum exercise.

Thanks,
    I am walking around alot tonight stretching.

I posted on a parenting forum that I sometimes use and they have scared me over there telling me I should go get chcked out because with DVT you don't have to have any swelling so now I am sitting here crying and worrying myself sick:-(

I am panicking and all scared now.

I don't want to ring NHS direct, I hate ringing them, they made me so anxious once when I rang them, never again.

People saying they didn't feel pain or developed a PE hasn't helped:-(:-(

I was trying stretching when my legs were really hurting and i have to say i thought this would help but for some reason i woke up 3 times in one night with a massive sharp pain in my leg. The pain then lasted for at least 3 days just felt like i had been kicked really hard.
    I would recommend using a hot water bottle if you have one, or lean against a radiator i was doing this to start with and it was easing my pain so in the end that's why i got the heat pad cos it was more practical and it didn't cost that much.
    I'd just rest it really, cos you will prob feel mor anxious if it hurts and if it don't hurt as much laying down/resting i think it would be best to do this.

Thanks for your help.

It only hurts when i lift the leg or go upstairs. Doesn't hurt at all to walk on it.

Surely it would painful constantly if it were a dvt?

I hate worrying like this, I feel so panicky.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information