Thread: can anyone relate to this??

can anyone relate to this??

Hi All,

Does anybody get a panic attack while eating,too.It happened to me today and it freak me out.My appetite was just getting good when i developed this strange feeling that i cannot described and my heart starts to beat fast.I immediately did my deep breathing and felt a bit better.

hello there,

I normally have the exact opposite. I feel better when I'm eating, probably because I forget about panicking and concentrate on my food..

Sarah

HI LONELY,

yeh i used to get that, i would be starving, make myself something to eat then as soon as a started to eat it that was it, i couldnt even swallow it was awful, The first time i was bad my mum made me some tomato soup which i used to love, i was trying to eat it but every time i got the spoon to my mouth i just freaked, 20 yrs on still cant eat tomatoe soup LOL, try to eat things that dont have a strong taste or smell for a few days you will be ok take care and good luck xx

kairen x

Hiya,
    I can totally relate to this and still get it now. Sometimes when i sit down to eat i feel really panicky, i get strange tingly feelings all over and have to leave the table and do something else for a while. I have always put it down to the fact that i'm usually quite busy during the day and so mealtimes are the only time i relax. I can only describe it like it's all my muscles relaxing and my body has not been used to it. Christmas was a nightmare because of this and i rarely go out for dinner with friends. It has got better, so please don't worry about it and just let it pass. Take care, KTx

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

hi there,
    i have this all the time and have had loads of arguments with my boyfriend about it because i'll be fine and then the moment i sit down to eat i freak out. it's getting better now but when it was really bad the only thing i could do was have all my food blended and try not to make a big deal of mealtime. sometimes i just eat while sitting in front of the tv so that i can eat slowly and leave my meal if i want to and go back to it later.
    when i first started getting panic attacks i could barely sip soup and now there are times when i can eat a whole steak and chips, so i promise you will get better about this in time.
    take care,
    henri x

Oh my gosh, I thought I was alone on this one. It is so freaky. I can be starving to death and sit down to eat and BAM, PA. I have noticed it mostly happens when I go out to eat. Not when I am eating at home. Will I ever be normal again?????? I am so FRUSTRATED!!!

tessa

Hi Lonely

I can relate to that too. I had panic attacks once or twice regarding food.
    I completely froze and couldnt eat. And i was really scared, of what? i am not sure.

Take care.

Florence. x

**See the world more as what it is, less as what you are.**

Thread Information