Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone feeling anxious about work tomorrow?

Is anyone feeling anxious about work tomorrow?

I have had a really goood weekend.. but now i have the Sundayblues....
    Does anyone else feel anxious when they have had a good weekend?

Sue

Hi, I have just had 2 ( mostly )good weeks off work and i am very anxious about returning to work tomorrow, even though I have , what to me, is the ideal job. once there though everything is fine. do you feel like this every weekend?
    I vary, take care, alexis.xx

[8D] Hey Sue I'm Sue too!

I used to get Sunday Blues and not realise that that was all they were...the idea that you have to go back to the drudgery tomorrow. My hint would be to take a single memory from the weekend with you as a way of coping with Monday. You remind yourself as often as you can by writing down a "code word" in your pocket book or somewhere you will look very often (like the corner of your monitor if you work with a PC) - that will make you smile.

Like if I had a good weekend and I loved walking the dog and really thought it was lovely when he licked my hand, writing his name on a piece of paper would remind me.

Keep a diary of these lovely moments (like a lovely sunset or a cup of tea that was particularly pleasant) recording date and time and recreate them...you'll soon be smiling!

Sue

Thankyou both, i will do that!
    Remember what a good day i had yesterday....we had a BBQ in the garden, only the third third time i have been out there all year i think!
    I dont always feel like this....well, most Mondays is do....most days if im honest...i have told the people at work to advertise my job cos i cant handle it, i thought it was best to be honest? It is a nightmare...but i am a bit scared incase they get rid of me....

I meant that I recognised a few months ago that i was not up to the job...I used to be full of beans, but unfortunately things change..i can't stand to go there any more and it is so unfair on my partner.. He is buying into his company and just wants us to have a baby to complete everything which is fine.....GGod im rabbling!! Anyway, so i have given my job up...and they are advertising for a Purchasing Manager now....they have interviews tomorrow and Tuesday! But i will train have to train them...X

Unfortunately, i have found that with an issue around which I suffer anxiety I tend to be "honest" and think I'm being "honest" when later I look back and wonder "what on earth was I thinking?" The whole cycle of thoughts and feelings gets so you don't know what is true.

If I were you, I'd start thinking about the things you like about your job too, and focussing on them. If you find you have to do stuff that you don't like, try to schedule stuff you DO like immediately before and after so that you have a "bridge" of good feelings to get across the bad patch. You don't tell me what you do - but if I ever had bad feelings at work, I would change the lesson ( I am a teacher) to something lighthearted and non-challenging like art or a chat lesson and tackle the difficult one later when I'd had a chance to breathe about it.
    *HUG*
    I dunno, hope that helps, hun.
    And remember....you are a good person who is going to do this and be strong, and you only have to step out of the mould you create for yourself...
    Better start taking my own advice, eh?[Duh!]

Sue

Thanks for your message sue X

I always feel anxious after having a good, panic-free time. I think it's because I tell myself that something bad must be about to happen as it can't be all that good..

I know exactly how you feel. I started taking my meds the monday after we broke up from school 2 weeks ago - now I don't know what to do. Do I take a week off to stabilise on meds more or do I go back tomorrow????? I have had a good day today and already can feel the what ifs creeping in.... Yesterday was awful - If only it wasn't such a rollercoaster ....... Will tomorrow be like today or yesterday? I love Sues idea of a taking a good memory with you x

hey dizzy...

Hope you will be okay tomorrow...I know ALL about the what ifs. When I was like this before I got over it by thinking about something pleasant every time the what ifs came into my head, or taking a long hard look at the what if thought in context to show myself how ridiculous it was. Then I would immediately start on a project that would take me away from the fear. I think a large part of it is acknowledging that the fear is there, it's going to pop up every now and then, and there is nothing you can do about that part. But you CAN decide that you are going to recognise it for what it is and combat it that way. At least that's the way I'm going to do it. Every time I had a what if today, I started doing something. The need for perpetual motion wears off after a bit, trust me, when you start enjoying yourself.

Love
    Sue

Sue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information