Thread: Does my friend have pure O?

Does my friend have pure O?

Hello

If anyone has a moment, could someone please help me. I am worried my friend has pure O OCD. What exactly is it? How do you feel when you have it. She has said to me that she has been thinking excessively about whether she is a lesbian or not. She spends long hours thinking it over and over but it is quite obsessive. If she ever thinks that "it wouldn't be that bad" then she starts thinking that she is accepting the fact that she is one. Is this just confusion, or is it pure O? She stopped watching Big Brother because she thought she fancied one of the girls on it. She always tells me how scared and worried she is.

Sometimes I am not sure whether I am a lesbian or not, but I try not to think about it, and I don't worry too much about it. She does all the time. She says it is always in the back of her mind. I tell her just not to think about it, but she says she can't, because that would be accepting that she is a lesbian. She constantly wants my reassurance that I don't think she is a lesbian.

Basically, I want to help her as much as possible, and I was just wondering if this could be a disoder that she may have, or if she is just confused.

Thanks, Jo

Re: Does my friend have pure O?

Hey Jo

What a good mate you are . I have OCD but didn't know 'pure O' exsisted until I joined this site ! It is hard to say what is going on with your friend without knowing her personally . That said she would need a professional to diagnose her symptoms . Maybe someone else here can help , I hope so . I reckon cos she is open about her thoughts to you , she is able to confide in someone and that is half the battle sometimes . Has she seen anyone about her probs , maybe her GP ? This is kinda the route I took when the OCD kicked in with me and I started CBT as a result . It sounds a difficult situation for both you and your friend , I would advise you persuaded her to see someone Jo .

Best of Wishes 2 u both
    Hope xx

Whats pure O? Or should i ask, because knowing me once i find out i'll probably get it!!!?

...baby steps everyday.

It sounds as though she's confused and maybe having trouble coming to terms with her sexuality. It does sound a tad obsessive though, she could go and see a doctor.

Thread Information