Thread: not all lumps are nasty

not all lumps are nasty

Hi everyone,
    I often read your posts, from work and am not in a position to write any back as i dont know my password etc.
    Anyway with it being a bank holiday weekend and im having a late night, i wanted to let you all know the outcome of the dreaded lump.

Some of you might recall last July i posted a plea for some support due to my husband discovering a growing lump in the top of his leg/groin area, one or two of you replied just to try and reasure me, but i think most of you read it and thought exactly what i was thinking, the worst.

Anyway just like to say that not all lumps are nasty, as this one turned out to be a lump of fat, quite a big lump i might add, and it was very scary as this whole senerio as been going on since july last year.

The lump was removed 6 weeks ago now as an out-patient surgery, the surgeon said that he thought it was fat, however he would take it out and have a look at it and send it off for testing. When he removed it he actually showed ot to my hubby and said he thought it was fat, however he still sent it off to test. he said that if we dont hear back from them, to forget about it.

That was six weeks ago now, and we haven't heard anything so even me with bad health anxieties, is starting to relax, that no news is good news.
    Our gp knew that it had been removed successfully, but she to hadn't heard any more, and that they would have been in touch by now if there was any concern.

So hopefully thats an end to the dreaded lump, what do you think?

Lyn

Re: not all lumps are nasty

Hi Lynette

I would not worry as the doctor said that if there was something wrong they would be in touch.

I had CT scan last october after suffering a seizure for the first time and they got back within a week.

Unfortunately it was a brain tumour but reassured me it was benign and had it removed in Feb.

So they do contact you urgently if anything is found.

Take care
    Mandy xx

Re: not all lumps are nasty

I'm sure if there was anything wrong with it they would tell you in 3 week at the most. I have had 2 moles removed and one was cancerous and i got the results in two weeks so i'd imagine most results take 2 to 4 weeks at the most so i'm sure everything is ok. you could call the hospitalo and ask to be sure.

Thread Information