Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dull ache

I have just had an x ray done due to the same pain! Glad to have stumbled upon this topic wot a relief!
    I jus spent the last week with the dreaded thoughts something was terribly wrong, that dull ache sorta top leftside of my chest, and i couldnt quite tell at the time if it was muscular or inside my chest just knew it didnt feel right , it has since gone away again but im still waiting for my results, i suffer alot with shortness of breath (anxiety related apparently) so im helping it will put my mind at ease as well.

Hi WOW!!! I feel the same way like a tightness/pressure on my left breast feels like my heart the top right side.. and its then I reak out and start in a panic. I hate it very much and just had an EKG kess then 2 weeks ago and everything went well. And all my lab work went well.. I always feel like IM going to die and its really scary.. I hate it. It seems my chest pain comes when I "think" it. So I try to do something to get my mind off of it and it seems to help. I also notice I kinda get tense when I start to get chest pain... could this be a reason why it happens?
    hmm well anyway take care all of you! Feel free to contact me at cuteliljocey@yahoo.com
    take care!

Re: Dull ache

I am suffering with a dull ache all the time, i am taking Propranolol for irregular heart beat and have been taking it for just over 3weeks my palpatations have lessened but i am still suffering with this dull ache/indegestion type pain, does anyone know if this is normal.

The chest pains and aches are all normal symptoms of anxiety and panics.
    I had them for weeks before they went away!
    I too was convinced I was dying.
    I had to go to the Doctors twice before they finally convinced me there was nothing wrong, my chest was clear and absolutely fine!
    It'll pass, don't worry

i am suffering the same dull ache for 3 weeks. i had an ECG and blood tests as all of you have had. everything is perfect but my colestrols is a bit high.
    27 year old male and using computer 10 hours a day.
    Anyone died from this?

I also have experienced this pain, its a shooting pain across my left side of my chest, always that side. Its worrying because your heart is that side but I was told because of the nerves etc that travel round, the pain in my back was triggering the nerves in my front.
    I am the same, I worry about everything and even seeing the doc doesn't really put my mind at rest. Have heard such horrible stories of late about people who had cancer but their docs said it was nothing...

Yeah i have this almost constantly but on my right side, still find it very hard to tell myself that i'm fine, even though i've had countless ECG's, x-rays & blood tests. it also goes into my shoulder & back.
    I'm thinking of acupuncture & hypnotherapy see if this helps.
    Lou
    xx

I have a similar pain on my upper left-side. It feels like its either IN my chest or originating from my back. I was initially concerned it was a heart-related issue, but I had an EKG and blood work done and the only thing that was an issue was slightly elevated thyroid hormone levels. It is a dull, vague ache that periodically feels somewhat sharper. If I focus on the pain it feels like it radiates from my back to my chest. But, sometimes it feels like it's strictly in the chest on my left side.

I do a lot of sitting at the computer so it may be a muscle-related issue. Not totally sure though. Thanks all.

I had this years ago but it reared its ugly head last month

Had 2 ECG's - both normal, bloods & thyroid normal

But the dull ache and shortness of breath is killing me

So glad i came across here as it gave me some reassurance but still terrified it is something much worse

Hi, ive had this pain for a couple of weeks now and its terrified me! I have diagnosed myself with all sorts of illnesses, even to the point of wasting the time if the a&e staff. The pain is a dull ache above the left hand side of my chest and under my arm pit also feeling it in my shoulder blade. I had an ecg which was fine. The more I think about it the more it is giving me panic attacks. At my wits end!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information