Thread: feeling unsteady when out shopping

feeling unsteady when out shopping

does any one get this feeling when there out that they cant stand up all the time and feel dizzy and shacky and shop ery qiuck cos of the feelings you get i get this even when im with someone and my walking feels funny just so hard to keep it together when out in busy places.x

Re: feeling unsteady when out shopping

hun its anxiety,

i get panicky feelings in busy noisy places too.

little short visits frequently, gradually building up ur tolerance.

this is what cbt would advocate.

hope this helps

millx

hi , i get this 2 and i hate it..

love sandyjanexxx

i get this!! I also hate the lights in some of the bigger shops they can make me feel terrible.

Apparantly (he said, with an all knowing nod to convince everyone he is actually smarter than he is ), it's the rush of information that the eyes pass to the brain when the mind is too sensitised through anxiety.

It is really common in Supermarkets, with bright lights, the big open feel and lots of people, the eyes get flooded with images for the brain to process and this "overload" when one suffers from anxiety causes those wobbly legs, dizzy light headed feeling and the urge to run out the store knocking sweet wee granny's over who are leaning into deep freezers to reach fish fingers in a blind panic to get out.

Check out Claire Weekes "hope and help for your nerves", she discusses this in detail.

Regards,

Jaco

I can get this in shops; standing in line at the checkout and/or too many people. I am lucky as I don't get it all the time. But you can see, you're not alone in this feeling. Hugs.

thanks everyone for your replies really helps.been dealng with this aniexty for 3 years now driving me potty some good days some bad days i want all good but ill have to be patiant small steps at a time.x

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post

It is really common in Supermarkets, with bright lights, the big open feel and lots of people, the eyes get flooded with images for the brain to process and this "overload" when one suffers from anxiety causes those wobbly legs, dizzy light headed feeling and the urge to run out the store knocking sweet wee granny's over who are leaning into deep freezers to reach fish fingers in a blind panic to get out.
    That is exactly what it is, overload. I get that also, but I don't knock over Granny's...unlike Jaco

I get that too - Asda is the worst - all those bright lights, trolleys, noise and kids running around - then you get to the checkout and there are 5 people in front of you.

I try to shop at less busy times - but I have lost count of the number of times I have had to abandon trollies half way round as I thought I would collapse.

My nerves have only so much to give whenever I'm out and about. I begin to feel very overwhelmed by the fast pace, lights, traffic, noise, colors, crowds, etc.

However, when I get back home, I immediately feel better -- although I usually need some time to "recover".

Thread Information