Thread: what i read about googleing

what i read about googleing

hiya everyone. i was looking on another forum today and read on there about a study that was done on googleing symptoms.
    app a thousand med students were given a study that involved haveing to google at lot of diff medical symptoms.

what happened as a result of that study was over half of them started to believe that they had some of the conditions they were told to study from reading up on the symptoms and causes.
    so if this as well as us all knowing that it dont help us with our anx/panic dont stop us from doing it, i dont realy know what will.
    so if med studants can start to think things like this and get anx from it what chance do we have .
    so if you are a googler plz plz stop you are only makeing yourself go backwards with what ever progress you have made.
    thanks for reading
    take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: what i read about googleing

Hi Kellie

You are so right, I used to google all the time untill I found this site I imagined I had terrible things and that made me really ill.

I don't google at all now and am feeling alot better and being part of nmp has been a great help in finding an understanding of my anxiety. My advise would also be don't google it really doesn't help.

Carol
    x

ty lorac for your reply. i used to be a googler as well and being here has helped and stopped me from doing it also. im hopeing my post will make others understand just how distructive it can be.
    take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Kellie

I totally agree! I used to google, and absolutely don't anymore. It upsets me to much, and I get drawn into thinking I have different conditions. I am really careful now about what I read in magazines/papers as well, my mind is to hyper with stuff like that to think objectively.

Great post

xx

I can and will get through this....

Thread Information