About 4wks ago I woke up with a sore throat out of the blue, had felt fine before then. My voice kept breaking up and after a couple of days I had lost my voice completely which lasted a couple of days and my voice is now fine.

Although I've had odd days since then when I have felt okay, most of the time I am feeling pretty rough and nothing I am taking seems to be helping. I've bought some Manuka Honey as I was told it would cure it, gargled with salt water and also soluble aspirin. The pharmacist at Boots said I should take some extra Vit C so I bought some of that too.

When I realised about 10 days ago that I also had a slight temperature I went to see the Dr. She said she had no idea what I had, could be a virus, could be an infection, could be glandular fever, could be something that needs to be investigated at the hospital. That was when I got scared when she mentioned the hospital

This morning I was back at the Dr's but saw a different one in the practice. He said my throat was still red and thinks that I do have a virus but that for some reason it keeps on returning. I have some antibiotics that I was prescribed the last time I saw the Dr but haven't taken them yet as she said to only take them as a last resort as they won't help a viral sore throat.

Has anyone else had any experience of a sore throat lasting this long? I don't smoke and I don't drink but yesssss I have googled a lot and I've diagnosed myself with a zillion different conditions so far