Thread: Head rush

Head rush

Hi,

For a while now I have been having head rush type things. Its like when I stand up, my head goes really tight and buzzy, its so hard to explain, hopefully someone else on here who has had it before can describe it better.

It lasts for a while after it starts,whether this is because I focus on it alot I don't know.

I thought maybe I was standing up too quickly, but when I take my time I still get it.

It does'nt happen all the time, sometimes I can go for weeks without them, but then I get quite a few over a couple of days.

My mum came to pick me up at 2 o clock today, and when I stood up it happened, then we went to tesco and my head felt funny around there. We then went to pick my kids up from school and when I got out of the car, it happened again. And my head still feels funny now.

I was wondering if any of you have had this before, as I hate it, and I was wondering what i could do to stop it from happening.

Thanks for reading
    xx
    Last edited by mayson76; 19-05-08 at 16:00.

Re: Head rush

I don't have any answers as to how to take it away, but I get this too so you are not alone - kind of like feeling you are on a boat and might fall over and collapse at any point ... which just raises your panic as you feel "you are losing control". It does pass ... but for me the best way to make it pass is to focus all your attention on something - it can be anything you want. If I'm at work, I'll usually pick up another job and just concentrate on the job and that alone - this causes it to pass.

I think its something to do with the brains reaction to overstimulation, and the constant thinking and worrying the sufferers from anxiety experience. The brain sort of defends itself and tries to block out external things to stop from overloading.

Hi

I have suffered with this on and off for years.

Its all part of the anxiety and i wish i knew how to get rid of it.

Hope u are feeling better today

love mandie x

I get that too, it feels like all the blood has rushed to my head and I can hear my heart beating. I do find I usually get it if i've stood up too fast.

xxx

Thanks Guys,

I have'nt had it today (touch wood).

Don't you just get fed up with having all these different symptoms. I must have had hundreds of anxiety related aches and pains over the last 5 years since all this started, and everytime I think the worst.

It does make me feel better that I am not the only one, I just wish that we all could feel great for a change.

Take care
    xxx

I realize this is an old thread, but I am currently going through these head rushes and you explained them perfectly! They’re easily one of the scariest symptoms I’ve dealt with so far. I’m 27 years old and feel like I’m going to have a stroke because of it. 😭 I hope you reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan P View Post
    I don't have any answers as to how to take it away, but I get this too so you are not alone - kind of like feeling you are on a boat and might fall over and collapse at any point ... which just raises your panic as you feel "you are losing control". It does pass ... but for me the best way to make it pass is to focus all your attention on something - it can be anything you want. If I'm at work, I'll usually pick up another job and just concentrate on the job and that alone - this causes it to pass.

I think it’s something to do with the brains reaction to overstimulation, and the constant thinking and worrying the sufferers from anxiety experience. The brain sort of defends itself and tries to block out external things to stop from overloading.
    Praying you reply.. did you ever find out what this is? Its so scary and I’ve been dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mandie View Post
    Hi

I have suffered with this on and off for years.

Its all part of the anxiety and i wish i knew how to get rid of it.

Hope u are feeling better today

love mandie x
    Praying you reply.. did you ever find out what this is? Its so scary and I’ve been dealing with them.

Thread Information