Thread: Fear of Dying/Grief

Fear of Dying/Grief

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering health anxiety for about 4months now and had an obsession with death (especially dying of cancer). I recently stumbled across a book called 'Transformed by the light' by Dr Melvin Morse. I can honestly say this book has completely changed my way of thinking and my perception of dying and losing loved ones. I have only been reading it 3 days but already my anxiety symptoms have lifted and i feel so much better. It may be temporary but i have hope! Anyone with a fear of dying i would recommend it highly. I found mine in an old box where i work! Could not find it on Play.com but the first in the series was there 'closer to the light' also by Dr Melvin Morse. The book is about people who have had near death experiences and explain in their own words what they saw and how they know life goes on when we pass from this side. Very interesting and comforting to know that our spirit lives forever - something i would not have said last week

Re: Fear of Dying/Grief

I'm glad you have found some peace of mind - this will really help in your recovery
    Be kind to yourself

Hey
    Thanks for the info, have taken note of book name and title in case I ever need something like this again (hopefully not!). Generally, have not found too many helpful books in this area, so be good to find a better one, even if it only works as short-term comfort when needed. Glad to hear it's helped you.
    Beth

Well done pigtailplaits i am so glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

Mandy xx

Thread Information