Thread: Prickly pins and needles

Prickly pins and needles

I wonder if anyone else has had this, (BTW am moving next week so under a lot of stress), gradually as the day goes on I get not exactly ppins and needles it is more like a prickly feeling in my body. It started off in my left foot, but now it can appear anywhere, even across my torso which was quite painful for a couple of secs, like tiny little pricky electric shocks, really wierd, put this down to anxiety, like all my other symptons,(soon as I realize that something is a sympton it dissappears and something elese rears its uglly head), but then a friend trying to be well meaning stated this was a sympton of diabetes, so gone from well it will go once the move is done to s**t i really am ill, so now worrying like mad and keep feeling sick and retching all the time, anyone got any strategies to cope with this, soon as i think i have this HA licked it comes back and kicks me somewhere completly different, didnt know my mind could make up so many diff things.
    Thanks

Re: Prickly pins and needles

apparently pins and needles in the hands and feet and other places too are because of anxiety. when your body is highly stressed we go into the fight or flight scenario, this involves taking blood from different parts of the body to use in parts of the body if we needed to run or fight, pins and needles are basically the blood draining away during this process. It is completely harmless and a normal response during anxiety. If you email send me your email address i can email you a copy of a book to help with anxiety/panic and it explains it better in there.
    Hope this helps. C xxx

...baby steps everyday.

Thread Information