Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the power of people

the power of people

hi again,
    can anyone tell me if im the only one like this, when anyone comes to visit me or my chap i feel jittery and i get anxiety, i cant understand why its not as though i dont know them, i just dont get why i get like it can anyone relate to this or am i weird
    luv sue x[)]

Hiya Sue - you are not atall weird!

I used to hate having people visiting me and I used to get really anxious and jittery when I had to go and see people, even if it was family.

I just felt that I either wanted the visitors to go or I wanted to leave when I went to see them.

I don't know why but it was as though I just wanted to be alone in case I got panicky and didn't want people seeing me like that or being at their house and getting panicky there and wanting to leave.

Nowadays I am fine and hosted a NoMorePanic meet-up here last year so it does get better in time trust me.

Nicola

Hi Sue,
    I feel exactly the same, i always feel awful when i know people are coming to visit, and i've had loads lately, what with a new nephew in the family etc.. but, i do cope and at christmas done big meal for all, and new year held a party, so i do cope, but i'm also very pleased when everyone goes home, i'm never as bad when someone turns up unexpectedly, except i'm normallly in my jim-jams, no make-up etc...

thanks nicola,
    im having quite a bad day today anyway with anxiety ect i hate being on my own and i dont like it much when im around people either what a life we have eh
    luv sue x

thanks carlin,
    im getting pretty fed up with this anxiety, i dont think ill ever get better or ill have it for years again:(
    luv sue x

hi Sue,

I can be like that sometimes. I just don't want to see anyone and feel like just sitting in the front room doing nothing. It is quite common amongst anxiety sufferers..

Sarah

Hi Sue

I can be like that dont want to be on my own but then dont want people around me, feels like a no win situation doesnt it.

Hope you are feeling a little better.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hi sue,
    i totally know what you mean. with me i think it's because while i'm with people, i've got a million negative thoughts running through my head, like 'are they bored? i bet they're bored. i bet they think i'm weird. i look awful today, i bet they're thinking how terrible i look'. etc. all of which makes me just want to sit at home with my boyfriend in my pyjamas watching tv!
    when it comes to people coming round, i get jittery because i think 'what if i get tired and i want them to leave? what if they stay for ages and i can't get rid of them?'
    it definitely gets better - i just say how i'm feeling now, so i'll just go 'do you know what, i'm absolutely knackered', to make people leave when i want them to!
    take care,
    henri x

Hi Sue, yes I know exactly how you feel. I feel safer on my own. I think I worry I am going to have a panic attack or do something wrong when they come.
    I find it easier to go to visit other people, rather than them visit me. ( If this is possible)I feel more in control and know i can leave whenever I want whereas I would never be able to ask people to leave my house.
    Quite often I dont want to see people or talk.
    When Im having a bad day I try to visit this site because one thing it always reminds me is WE ARE NOT ALONE
    It is a lovely sunny day and i hope you feel a bit better. take care, love Alexis.x

Its a funny thing Sue, and it works both ways for me.

For example last summer, I was really having a bad day - I was curled up on the sofa in a real emotional state, and that day the lady from Personnel was due to visit me to see how I was getting on.

As soon as the doorbell rang, I transformed myself as a calm person and when I related the story to her, she couldn't believe what a state I was in 2 minutes before her visit.

Conversely, I have a good friend who gives me loads of support, yet sometimes on the phone to her, my anxiety symptoms build up after a while, such as my little little finger going numb and some trembling. I think this is because I cannot cope with the stimulation sometimes.

Sue, you will get better, believe me - I too am on my own and that doesn't make it any easier, does it?

Hugs,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information