Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: continuously bloated and fed up-can bloating be caused by anxiety only?

Unhappy continuously bloated and fed up-can bloating be caused by anxiety only?

It's been days now that I feel so uncomfortably bloated that I don't know what to do. I feel like a tight knot right where the stomack is, just underneath the diaphragm. My stomach feels very distended and i have the continuous urge to belch and release the pressure. It's this pressure that I feel on my diaphragm that is so unbearable and driving me insane.
    It is affecting the breathing a bit but that doesn't worry me, but it making me feel very anxious, and the pressure making me feel like my heart is maybe racing that is the worse. The thing is I thought the bloatedness is to do with period but since it's still here it must not be. I get this lasting for days, when it's here i feel it all the time, no matter what I eat and even if i eat at all. I even feel scared now to eat because of it, although i feel the same when i get up which is definitely at least 12 hours away from the previous meal...It's really affecting me. No meds help really, well the antacids I tried, and I tried different types. Other times I can eat whatever I want or in any amount , I won't feel this. This makes me wonder why I get this.
    Could it be just anxiety? Anyone get this just due to stress or anxiety? My friend keep telling me I have hiatus hernia, but i don't know what to think, he said i shouldn't eat certaing things and it should be fine, but the problem with the whole idea of h h is that I do eat all the things he mentioned at times and i don't get any problems, and when i get them the problems are there even if i don't eat anything...Oh guys I'm so sorry about rumbling on like this, it;s driving me crazy, i just need to feel i'm not alone ...

Re: continuously bloated and fed up-can bloating be caused by anxiety only?

Hi Mila,
    I have the bloatness from time to time also It only last anywhere from 2 to 10 days for me and i have no idea what brings it on either But i'm like you i just can't seem to eat anything when i have the bloatness feeling.....just don't feel like there is any room in tummy for any food/drink when i have this bloatness Seems like i get it about once a month ....wish i knew why, but i don't....if you get it figured out please let me know lol Sorry i'm no help to you but i do feel sorry for you as i know how you feel hun Hope ya get to feeling better soon !!

Oh thank you Heidi

I was starting to think i'm alone in this...

I was just looking at my stomach in the mirror-if i relax it, it looks like i'm in third trimester...It just feels terrible....

Hi Millie,

Being stressed will cause your stomach to produce too much acid causing a bloated feeling. I suffer this too from time to time.

Swallowing air can cause bloatedness as well.

You may have a food intolerance too.

I get bloated all the time and I eat an Activia yoghurt every day and one of those Muller Vitality drinks and it seems to help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes i get this too. My stomach feels like ive eaten for england when ive only had a small meal! somebody said its because of the altered breathing pattern in anxious ppl, shallow with short breaths, and as nic said swallowing more air can contribute to a distended stomach.

Cathy xxx

Yeah, swallowing air sounds very possible.
    I did a test for food sensitivity, and i am not sensitive to usual stuff like lactose or gluten...however to my huge disbelief i was told i should avoid chocolate and vinegar, i was devastated lol i used to put vinegar on any salad i would eat, had it every day, and chocolate, well that was my real weakness lol especially when i feel down. But ever since the test 2 months ago i have been completely avoiding everything i am suppose to, so that can't be the cause any longer.

Hi Millie,

I to suffer with bloating most of the time you are not alone hun. I have a Danone daily or when I remember! Also a peppermint capsle sometimes. Tis very uncomfortable I know and a real pain huh!

Hope it eases soon for you.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

Thanks Pips,
    I hope so too, coz it's really getting to me.

My tummy has been feeling really tight and heavy today. From time to time I was feeling like shivers inside my chest, like flutters, really scary, my stomach just feels off, like it won't digest, it feels hard and I've been feeling really depressed all day. It's been a terrible day weatherwise, cloudy and rainly, really gray and days liek this make me feel down with a touch of sort of unreal feeling (is that DR?) But some days is worse than others, like today...Besides the bloated feeling and what i said above, I just have this heavy depressed and gloomy feeling in the pit of my stomach, like a feeling of doom, and i just keep feeling surreal i guess.

I really need to lift myself from here, but i don't know what to do.

Sorry your still feeling rough Millie.I know this may sound a bit personal but are you constipated at all? (You don't have to answer that) It's just that can make you bloat alot. I suffer with IBS and this makes me bloat an awful lot of the time.

Some days do feel worse than others and feeling depressed is horrid. I get days where I can't seem to find any enthusiam and that gets me down. It's worse when the weathers yuck and your feeling crap in yourself hun. It will pass though try to think of nice cosy things and things that make you smile. Even if you only smile for a second thats good!
    and some for you.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X X X
    Last edited by pips; 27-05-08 at 20:02.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information