Hi - I have a friend that i have posted about on both the OCD forum and this one before, so i will not describe his severe GAD symptoms (OCD thoughts/DP/DR depression/panic) again in this post. However, Pete my friend is desperate and so sick of the internal hatred and internal rage he feels from waking in the morning till the night. He has begged me to take away his hateful feelings, especially the ones he says he has for me as he wants me to be around and support him through his recovery.

His plea to rid the hate ASAP, tells me he doesnt 'actually hate' me or anyone else, but perhaps this is an aspect of depression and hitting rock bottom. He says it enrages him when he sees and hears us with our normality. Is he extending his anger at himself outward toward us or is this some other common feature of severe long term GAD?

One other thing - he says exercise makes him feel more internal rage and suicidal. I have said that perhaps he is meant to feel this after exercise as he has an overload of adrenalin and what ever his feelings are even the negative ones, he needs to be feeling them rather than disassociating from them. I have told him to exercise daily as much as possible and that in time the excess adranalin will lessen and perhaps he will not feel so much internal rage (as rage is energy). Any thoughts on this post will be appreciated!!! Thanks