Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading This Will Change Your Life

Reading This Will Change Your Life

I have seen a marked improvement in my own panic attacks/agoraphobia over the last 4 months and I can relate this improvement to a couple of things. The main thing has been my faith In God and a real living relationship with Jesus. I have gone from someone that could not go out or even at best far from my home to someone that can live alone, go out, drive and live a normal life again.
    I know that so many of us at one point or another shout out "God HELP ME!" but thats as far as it goes. We may even scream at God and ask "why me why do I suffer"?

Now there are 100s of self-help books and 100s of people willing to sell us the lasted new super sort all our problems in one easy step but at a cost and lets be honest, 99% of the time they dont work. Yet I am living proof that if you have faith God can work miricles

So how do we get faith?

Well the only way is to ask for it and to read the Bible. Yes it is as simple as that and it cost nothing. I would also suggest that you find a good church because I promise you will find so many understanding people there who will be more than willing to support you and even bring you along to church if you cant travel.

I would not advise anyone to come off any medication because I know many Christians that are still on medication for many things but God has blessed them in their conditions.

I must state that I cannot promise God will heal you overnight but I can promise you that as you grow in your faith and relationship with God, you will soon see a marked improvement in how you feel.

Find a good church
    Speak to the pastor minister priest
    You will meet a GREAT bunch of people that will support you and be there for you.

But I have a word of warning for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you do this your life will change for the better

If you want prayed for then please pm me and I will have my church pray for you..I promise not to give anyone else details of who has asked for prayer. In fact I dont even need to know what you suffer from.
    My church will just pray that God blesses your life.

Give it a go

Re: Reading This Will Change Your Life

Hi Purplehaze,

I too believe in God and that having faith will help us.

A great passage I have read is Mathew 6 verses 25-34. Do not worry it tells you and if my worry gets out of hand I just reach for my bible and read this and it gives me peace!

Take Care God Bless

Hazel xox

Hi Hazel,
    Yea, it does it for me to.
    Decca.

Matthew 6:25-34
    25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?
    26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?
    27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
    28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing,

29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
    30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
    31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
    34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Hi

Yeah I agree and the power of prayer is AMAZING and does work. I want to thank those who have asked for prayer because I know how difficult a step that has been and so many have asked. Myself and my church will keep on praying for each one of you. Again if anyone wants prayer support please just pm me.

Funny that.

I used to be religious, then I read the Bible.

The book of Proverbs was what did it for me, I'm afraid.

I honestly think that suggesting that everyone afflicted by his condition can just read a book and be healed is an insult to a lot of people on here.

its not just any book . its faith look a lourdes then say it dont work

Quote Originally Posted by london View Post
    its not just any book . its faith look a lourdes then say it dont work
    I've been to Lourdes many years ago and and to see so many people who were so strong in their belief that a miracle could happen for them was amazing.
    There have been unexplained cures/miracles at Lourdes without a doubt. Whether this is due to faith or something else, we cannot really know for sure.
    I'm playing devil's advocate here honestly, but if if the miracles at Lourdes are purely down to faith, why do so many people not receive a cure? Are they not faithful enough? What about children with illnesses?
    I'm not knocking anyones beliefs but I can understand why some may have doubts.

anyone been to knock here if your that religious see if it works? or is this a wind up sounds like one, appolgies if offend anyone but does sound a bit strange out of nowhere a thread like this, its a private thing religion i feel not something to try to push on others aswell and thas what it is doing it should be shut down now

Politics and religion, never good subjects for a calming debate

Who is supporting who in the Euro 2008 ?

I'll be supporting England, Wales AND Scotland

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information