Thread: Severe panic attacks

Severe panic attacks

have needed to do this for a while but haven't had time to search panic forums...until now

i am really having attacks more frequently and it is totally affecting my life..i need some advice..

i have been living in another country for the past 10 years, and have gone through alot (i mean alot)..the only problem is here in italy panic/anxiety is so taboo, although alot better than it was before..i need help finding someone who does CBT but i am outside of milan and there is no way i am driving or getting on the train in the condition i'm in..

please respond anyone who suffers from the "heart attack" fears...if i see an ambulance i freak out, if i am near a hospital or clinic i freak out, it is getting really bad!! my main symptoms are racing heart and then from there my mind just goes for the worst!!! is this an obsession or a phobia of a health condition...??? what?? i feel so alone here!!

kris

Re: Severe panic attacks

hi kris please dont feel alone this site will give u lots of advice and support, tis is a common thing u have but usually something can trigger it or make them worse. sometimes change is a good thing, but also keeping busy so u have less thinking time and exercise is great for this sort of thing, i brisk walk every day and im so much more positive4, happier, no depression, hardly no anxiety and much more motivated. keep posting and we all here will do our best to help hugs xxxxxx

Smile Re: Severe panic attacks

Hi Kris ! x

my names Lucy-Mia , i suffer from the EXACT same symptoms as you x
    but trust me .. it will get better x
    i have been suffering since i was 10 years old
    other symptoms ive experienced are feeling as though i am literally going to die and drop down there and then , and i hear voices in my head telling me things that i know are absaloutley ridiculous, but you can't help it, its like your mind takes over and you get yourself into such a state that you feel dizzy and sick. I'm constantly looking for reasurrance from my friends which i know gets on their nerves but i think thats the best possible way to deal with it. You dont have to deal with it alone, i also find it helpful to know that its not just me alone that suffers from this.

always here
    xx

Re: Severe panic attacks

thanks for the replies...Lucy, what do you do???? do you get out and do everything as usual? are you taking meds?

k

Thread Information