Thread: upping dose to 30mg

upping dose to 30mg

Hi, I have been on 20mg since January and about 2 weeks ago I upped to 30mg as although I was feeling loads better, I was still feeling a bit anxious and panicky times.
    My problem is that now, I am feeling knocked out with fatigue all the time. Have been asleep most of today and felt so drowsy yesterday. I noticed that on 20mg I always felt a bit drowsy and would sometimes nod off mid afternoon, but now I'm feeling totally shattered.
    Did anyone else notice this on upping the dose? I am starting to suspect that Citalopram just make me feel really sleepy, and that upping the dose has just made it worse.
    Any replies appreciated.
    Anxiouschick

Re: upping dose to 30mg

Hiya, if you look at the threads I sent one in last week about upping the dose to 30mg of citalopram. I too was anxious and upped it. I was tired and a bit more panicky for 3 weeks after taking the 30mg but now I can really feel it working. I would advise you to just stick with it and give it a chance to really work. I felt exactly the same and I promise it will work. x

Re: upping dose to 30mg

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouschick View Post
    Hi, I have been on 20mg since January and about 2 weeks ago I upped to 30mg as although I was feeling loads better, I was still feeling a bit anxious and panicky times.
    My problem is that now, I am feeling knocked out with fatigue all the time. Have been asleep most of today and felt so drowsy yesterday. I noticed that on 20mg I always felt a bit drowsy and would sometimes nod off mid afternoon, but now I'm feeling totally shattered.
    Did anyone else notice this on upping the dose? I am starting to suspect that Citalopram just make me feel really sleepy, and that upping the dose has just made it worse.
    Any replies appreciated.
    Anxiouschick

this happened to me as well
    wiped me out and i was shattered with the new dose which went from 20 to 40 so i told the doctor and we reduced it back down.
    I too have reservations that citalpram just makes you very sleepy as well. My worry is that when i come off it i will be wide awake again which sets off the self harming etc etc etc
    good luck i hope you go oaky

Thread Information