Thread: Spots and b12 again

Spots and b12 again

Well i had my blood test the other week and my b12 level is still low so i have been prescibed folic acid tablets to take now for up to 6 months, this isn't a problem but i have had really bad acne since i had my b12 shots in the middle of march.

Has anyone else had these shots and had any symptoms like spots appear from having the shots, my doc doesn't think it's this but i'm certain it is as i had totally clear skin that i needed no make up with before i had these shots.

These spots are really getting me down now and i have tried various things on them creams, lotions, gels but if it is from the b12 shots i think it is something internal causing them so i think no matter what i put on my face on the outside it wont work to clear them, well i started the dianette pill last night which is meant to help with the acne so i'm hoping as this is going into me it might help better than creams.

Has anyone ever suffered with spots from these shots or any other medication and if yes did it clear eventually.
    Thanks everyone.

Re: Spots and b12 again

Hi Scooby,

When I was having the injection my skin was really good(3 times a week, for 2 wks then everymonth for 6 months), but now im taking Folic acid and b complex everyday my skin is still so bad. I still feel weak and tired al thentime but my B12 levels are god at the moment!

The DR have now put me on Antibioics tablet for skin.

hi i have these and im spotty with them , i also take folic acid i never connected the 2 before spots with the injection ill mention it to dr next time i go thank you for mentioning it your def not alone
    amanda

Glad to hear i'm not alone,

Honeybee are your tablets helping your skin clear, I hope this new pill i am on will help only took one pill so far so i don't expect to see an improvement yet hopefully in a month i might notice a difference.
    Mine are really bad it's acne 1 or 2 my doc said, it's getting me really down now, cos i'm now taking the folic acid tablets 2 a day but i have only been taking these for 6 days they my spots don't seem to be getting any worse at the min but there not getting better. I just think i'm going to have them for at long as im taking the folic acid tablets now or forever.

I have just had a face full of spots since after my 3rd injection in the 1st week of april and they have never gone, the left side of my face is nearly full of spots where as the right side only has about 4 but they are just permanently there and they are really sore to touch. A few years ago i had a similar experience with spots while drinking cranberry juice daily for a few months but they seemed to clear up when i stopped drinking it where as these spots just aren't going and i had a 8 week break between my last injection and starting the folic acid tablets and they haven't cleared once, my doc doesn't think it's the injections causing it but i do and will be going back again if they don't start clearing soon as it is really getting me down cos i had really good skin before and felt ok going out without make up on now i wouldn't leave the house if i didn't wear it not that it really covers them.

Thread Information