Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just popped in to say hi x

just popped in to say hi x

It has been so long since i have posted on here, which in one way is good, and another sad because i recieved so much help from this site a few years ago. I have thought of posting many times and do still come back and have a quick read. When i though of posting it was to say how much my life has changed and how happy i am now, i felt somehow that this was rubbing peoples nose in it, till i spoke to someone the other day who could not see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it did help them, so here goes,

A few years ago i was very depressed and anxious, i was working from home, my children were at school and i was in the house on my own all day and it was slowly destroying me, everything was a major issue, i was extremly paranoid, convinced all the time that i'd upset someone or people were talking about me, I hated being on my own and would cry most of the day, or try and sleep it away, every little thought multiplied into some major inccident, and once i had the panic in my head that was it i just jumped form one thing to another, once i calmed down about one thing my head would say Ah but what about if this happens and i would be off again.

But like i say that was a few years ago, Im working full time now, which i managed to study at home to get my qualification, I work with children with special needs, my job is so rewarding, and has changed my outlook on life. I got so much help on this site at a time when i needed it most, I learnt how to control my panics, how to stop them even before they start, im not saying everyday is perfect but i know now that i can cope,
    If i feel that things are getting on top of me, i sit as calmly as possible, outside is always better for me, and i talk myself out of it, i sit saying all the time, im calm, im happy im relaxed, what the brain says the body believes and that is the most important thing i have learnt, i know if i sit and say oh i cant be bothered i feel tired i start to believe it, its all about positive thoughts, if i have the irrational thoughts i can now stop them as soon as i think it, by distracting myself with something that makes me smile, have something in your mind all the time, anything that lifts you even if just for a second, keeping busy is so important it does not give me time to let the bad thoughts in, and of course i had the support of some good friends on here of which i am still in close contact with, one who i go and stay with often, to which i will always be thankful as they have got me through some bad days and i hope have helped them too.

I hope this does not sound patronising, its hard to put into words and i could go on writing about it for days,
    I just wanted people to know that you can get there, no one is stress free these days so finding a way to cope with what life throws at you is so important,

anyway sorry to babble i just wanted to thank the ones who helped and wish the ones who are struggling good luck and hope

take care

Kairen x

Re: just popped in to say hi x

hi kairen to you and welldone, i think its good to have some support behind you but also it makes u realise how strong u when u decide enoughs enough and start to fight your way back to being happy. i hope tihs gives people encouragement to fight there issues too

hi kairen,

what an inspiring post. i suffer from agoraphobia but am currently coping just about with full time work. i am a teaching assistant in a special school. what qualification did you get by studying at home as i'm interested in getting some more qualifications. i currently have nvq2 in childcare and education and would like to get level 3 or something similar but really cant cope with going to college to do it on my own.
    thanks
    ju

Hi Kairen, good to meet you. I loved this post thanks for sharing it with us. I havent been a member for too long and think i can speak for alot of us who would say we wish we were in the place you're in now, but it gives us hope to hear about your success, thanks. You know what they say....If you aim for the moon but cant reach it yet, you'll still be among the stars!

Best wishes
    Cathy xxx

Hi Julie,
    I have got my NVQ level 3 which i did online through my local college, i was working part time and my tutor came into my work place to observe me, it was great because i could no the work in my own time i was not stuck to certain nights and i was a bit scared to go into a college if im honest, Im currently doing level 4 the same way,
    Thanks for the kind words about the post i really wasnt sure to post or not

Thanks Cathy,
    Nice to meet you, I know when i joined this site a few years ago i got so much support from people who had found a way to cope and people still struggling, its good to know your not the only one struggling, at the time i thought i was going mad, its not till you read on sites like this, that your not alone, its not just you, and you can get through it.

Hi Kairen,

What a smashing post and I'm so glad you chose to write it because you can never read enough 'success' posts.

It's especially good to read about how you handle odd little ups and downs and your techniques. Sometimes we have an unrealistic idea that getting better means no anxiety - which of course it doesn't!!! My CBT lady says the goal is not to get rid of anxiety but to learn to manage it!!!

Seems that is exactly what you're doing - good on ya hun!

Now go and tidy up your Facebook page already lol - you've way too many applications!!

Love Piglet

Hi Kairen, there wouldnt be enough space on here for me to thank you for all youve done.

And now as things are extremely difficult for me again and I have two choices of paths to tread on I know you are there for me. You and your success give me the strength to carry on.
    You have done marvellous,you are an inspiration and a lovely person, you are a very close friend, I love you (and the girls) loads.
    I will always be greatful to Nic and NMP for meeting you (and others), and the chatroom, as we all had fun in there and there was always fantastic support.
    BUT you must start to behave when you come to stay with me.
    Take care, text you at 4am.

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

What a lovely post to read

Thank you for sharing with us all

Kaz x

kairen!!

So glad you decided to post this!!

Totally not rubbing peoples noses in it but giving them the realisation that you can go on a lead a normal life and achive great things despite of it!!

Glad you are doing well x keep posting to give others the strength that there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Denise x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information