Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: giving in too easily

giving in too easily

I am leaving work in 5 weeks time as I find it too stressfull, I teach in adult education and am constantly feeling that my teaching is not good enough or that my students are not being challenged enough. Now I am struggling with the feeling that I am taking the easy way out and should stay and do better, I suffer with low self esteem and now writing this has started the tears why I don't know I just feel I have failed and that I have never been good at anything in my whole life. I am always making mistakes I know I am only human but I seem to make more than other people. Sorry to be so negative but just want to be good at something for a change, why am I soooooo sorry for myself when other people are suffering so much.
    Lesleyb

Re: giving in too easily

But you are also suffering lesley, and your angst is no less than anyone elses, and to be teaching is a huge achievment. If you feel that your present position is unfullfilling is it not possible to transfer after youve had a rest and time to think? Without knowing your family/financial situation, maybe you could look into retraining or something. But whatever you decide to do, do it for you. Maybe after talking to ppl on here you might fel better about things. Sorry you feel so low at the moment...teaching can be stressful and its end of year weariness too i suspect

Cathy xxx

Oh lesleya please get me give you
    Please dont feel so guilty.
    I know from personal experience as a carer on the community that constant worrying about others and their needs takes a huge toll on you.
    Its time you did whats right for you and if by finishing work then so be it.
    When things start to get me down and I get upset I feel ashamed of myself.
    Howcome when Ive got so much to be thankful for should I be feeling this way?
    So then I feel guilty for feeling so sad!
    If I cry in front of anyone I apologise for my stupid behaviour.

lesleya think of you now.
    loads of love

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

hi there and im sorry you feel so down, i think when u are feeling so low and down in dumps its easy to get into a rut of thinking i wont do anything and ill rest at home and ill be fine, i went through that years ago but i knew the longer i sat thinking i useless and no good the worse id get. so i pulled my self out of it and with you i think if u r unhappy with work then change it to something else but its good to keep busy so please find something mayb less stressful and go for it. also exercise got rid of my depression still brisk walk now every day and i am so much more motivated, positve and happier and loads energy. please dont give up cos u r not stupid, you are just not happy at the moment and that will affect youyr daily routine, change is good sometimes i have done it a few times. stay strong and work on wot will make u happy ugs xxx

Thank you for your replies, I will keep busy when I leave work have good family and grandchildren and also lots of hobbies. I was trying to run my own business as well as teaching and I think this has taken it's toll on me. just not a busness women,am giving that up as well. Will have lots of time to walk with my dogs and get some me time.
    Lesleyb

Good for you lesley

Cathy xxx

Quote Originally Posted by lesleyB View Post
    I am leaving work in 5 weeks time as I find it too stressfull, I teach in adult education and am constantly feeling that my teaching is not good enough or that my students are not being challenged enough. Now I am struggling with the feeling that I am taking the easy way out and should stay and do better, I suffer with low self esteem and now writing this has started the tears why I don't know I just feel I have failed and that I have never been good at anything in my whole life. I am always making mistakes I know I am only human but I seem to make more than other people. Sorry to be so negative but just want to be good at something for a change, why am I soooooo sorry for myself when other people are suffering so much.
    Lesleyb
    Adult education means that the students don't have to attend classes, so if they are, you must be good at your job and they must be getting something out of it.

For many years I have been going to evening classes and take my word if the students don't like the teacher or feel that they are not getting their monies worth they won't turn up for class.

So you must be doing something right.

Smile Re: giving in too easily

Quote Originally Posted by lesleyB View Post
    Thank you for your replies, I will keep busy when I leave work have good family and grandchildren and also lots of hobbies. I was trying to run my own business as well as teaching and I think this has taken it's toll on me. just not a busness women,am giving that up as well. Will have lots of time to walk with my dogs and get some me time.
    Lesleyb
    Don't feel bad about your decision. Sometimes we just bottle up ourself and suffer the point of no return. I am glad that you decide to put a stop to this once and for all, after all we only live once.

I ,am too, in a similar position. Resigning from what I had been doing for 17 years. Initially I feel like a total failure but as times go by, I find that there are other avenue that I can excel in.

Thanks again for your replies, am feeling better about it now, went to work yesterday and thought no I don't want to be doing this anymore and now think I have made the right decision.I am sure I am good at other things just not sure at the moment. All I know is I care about people.
    Lesleyb

I dont think your giving in too easily sometimes we have to do whats best for us. Im glad your ok with your decision. Maybe thats what your good at caring for people. Need more people like you in the world.

Hugs

Jo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information