Thread: heart

heart

Does anyone ever get the feeling of their heartbeat being spasmadic or irregular? I get this weird feeling on the left side of my chest right under my breast as if my heart is humming or buzzing and at the same time it's like a muscle spasm type feeling, but seems different. i can't tell if it's actually my heart beating weird or something else. It comes and it goes, but for some reason I notice it alot when I sit down to eat. If anyone has this i would appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks!

hi there,

Welcome to the forum!!

I get the exact same pain that you are describing. I get it about once a week and it used to really scare me. I have now realised that if I have doe exercise, I don't get it, which makes me think that it's just a muscle spams. Quite a few anxiety sufferers have these sorts of pains so you have nothing to worry about..

Sarah

Thanks for you message! I haven't actually had a full blown panic attack for over a year. I don't feel afraid of all of that anymore. I still get weird symptoms, like this one, though. The anxiety still lingers and manifests itself in different ways, even though it's not as intense as it used to be. It takes on so many forms and it's like I always have to keep myself and thoughts in check. Those old negative habits are hard wired into my brain, I guess. I am glad that you have had the same symptoms, it sounds like. I don't have any pain though. It's almost like shuddering or internal vibrating with noticeable heartbeat that is not any faster or slower. It's just very uncomfortable.

Hi Jwoody,

These are very common indeed. Some people call your humming and buzzing - fizzing too.

Do some good stretches/exercise to extend those chest muscles and release any built up tension

palpatations

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Jwoody,

Yes I get this sensation. Like you said, it doesn't hurt, just feels really weird. I suffer with ectopic/missed heartbeats as well and sometimes feel a weird fluttering in my chest, almost like a butterfly trying to escape!

All of these symptoms terrify me. I am now more anxious and don't often get full blown panic attacks, but the anxiety is nearly always present and for the last three years I have worried about my heart!!!

Hope this helps, but PM me if you want to talk some more, I completely understand where you're coming from!
    Love, LInda.x

Thread Information