A couple of months ago, I tried acupuncture. I felt fine at the time, but when I got home I felt a lot worse, even though it was the weekend, I was having a relaxing time with my husband and I was in situations where I don't normally feel anxious. I felt worse than I had done for the reasons I was trying acupuncture! I felt very anxious and panicky, worse than I had done for a long time.
I phoned the acupuncturist the next week, as I was due for another appointment. I wanted to cancel this appointment, as I didn't want to feel any worse. I didn't manage to speak to the lady and since then have not done.
Since having the acupuncture, my symptoms have worsened greatly and it has got to the point where I'm considering giving up work, as I just can't cope with it anymore.
I was not told by her before the session that acupuncture could worsen my symptoms, was given nothing to read through about it or anything to sign. Does this woman have a duty of care to her patients? Should I go back and ask to speak to her or complain? I don't want to cause a fuss, but I was not warned of this, and my anxiety is now at its worst and very debilitating.