Thread: health anx

health anx

hey, i know i post a lot but my health anx is really getting me down, i worry about every little thing on my body. got a few things going on right now that it would be great to have some advice and reassurance: -

1. my tongue feels a bit sore and it has 2 very tiny white things on so that has a tongue cancer worry going on.

2. at work today i got this sudden pain in my ear and then it went and that really freaked me out.

3. i get a lot of pains/twinges and things going on my head, are these anything to worry about?

Please give advice, i would really appreciate it.

Please reply ASAP
    Many Thanks
    Louise

Re: health anx

I can totally relate! Must be the season because I have been that way for a couple of weeks now...
    I get the pains/burning sensations in my ears. I think it's because I get myself so tensed up that things just start to hurt. Same goes for the sensations in your head.
    As for your tongue, sounds like canker sores...
    My advice would be if you are worried see your doctor. It will at the very least put your mind at ease.

Re: health anx

I don't suffer from health anxiety so perhaps I am not the right one to reply to this. It seems to me that you are worrying that you might get cancer and die. Well a lot of people get cancer and don't die. I know at least 6 people well who had cancer went on to have treatment and are perfectly fine.

BUT while you are waiting to get cancer you are wasting your life anyway thinking about it all the time.

In years to come the perfectly healthy you will look back and kick yourself for all the years you have wasted worrying about getting cancer. I know it is easy for me to say but sometimes it takes someone who doesn't suffer from the same problem to give advice.

Be brave and forget about the white spots in your mouth the twinges etc and enjoy life.

Thread Information