Thread: Hi new member, cured but now anxiety back again

Hi new member, cured but now anxiety back again

Hi guys,

Firstly i would just like to say hello, i have just joined, hope you are all well. Reason i am posting is i feel like i am slipping back down the path i was once on. About 2 years ago i had a very bad case of anxiety which came from my very first panic attack. To this day i have still only had this 1 proper attack, i have managed to control any others that seem to start, dont ask me how! I was put on citalopram 20mg and it seemed to really sort my life out, so much so i came off it about 8 months ago. I felt so much better that i decided to just stop taking them, i didnt really wind myself down. Up until about 3 weeks ago i have been fine, then all of a sudden all these anxious/panicky feelings came back out of nowhere. I was on a stag weekend in Munich and had a slight panic attack, my first in about 1 year. Since then i have not been myself, my head feels full and i am worried, i dont know what im worrying/stressing over. My guess is im worried about getting ill again. I am thinking about going back on medication but i really do not want to do this. I have also been dieting and exercising hard for the last 6 months, i have managed to lose just under 2 stone. Could this be a factor? Am i maybe not eating enough? Any thoughts would help.

Thanks

Re: Hi new member, cured but now anxiety back again

Hi Baldy,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Well done on the diet and exercise.It is vital that if you are doing lots of exercise that you are providing enough energy to your body to cope.If you are a gym member or even using a local authority facility staff there should be able to advise you on what you need to sustain a high intensity programme.
    Suppliers of fitness supplements will also offer advice and obviously try to get you to part with some cash.
    The head stuff could be your anxiety trying to creep back in again so challenge it.Focus on all the positive things you have done to heal yourself.
    Little blips along the way are a normal part of recovery.Treat this as a blip and don't allow the Anxiety to dominate your thinking again.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

yes i agree with chalky

exercise helps loads, and everybody experiences anxiety in some form in their lives.

anx is about facing the fears and challenging them.

welcome to nmp

mily xx

welcome back hun xxx

hi baldy ive bein off citalopram 7 months after feeling great now my anxiety is tryin to creep bk in like chalky said we all have little blips well don on the diet and excercise and welcome tc xxx

Thread Information