Thread: Blushing / redness

Blushing / redness

Ok here we go with another of those symptoms.....does anyone suffer from the above? I am trying to ascertain if this is associated with anxiety or if it is something totally unrelated.

I suffer from blushing and facial redness which when severe leaves me with sore skin. I noticed recently that this was more pronounced when I am under pressure or in a stressful situation.

Is it linked to the anxiety and can anyone offer any advice / remedies as I am very tired of looking like I have fallen asleep in the sun!

Re: Blushing / redness

Hi
    I have suffered with "red blotchy neck" for years. I am very fair and it only happens when i am anxious. I hate it when ppl point it out to me so in winter i wear polo necks but summer well------------I just have to grin and bear it. xxx

Hi

Awww , I know how you feel, I have always suffered from blushing etc etc and it is awfull.

I have always been a shy person, when I was at school I suffered a lot with blushing, when I had to speak out in class, etc etc. or when people said rude things etc etc. It made people stare at you also, because your face is bright red.

I seem to blush all of the time now, when I drink alcohol, get embarrassed, etc etc or when i just get too hot. It just feels like sunburn. I know where you are coming from though. Sorry I cant offer any advice of how to combat this as I don't really know myself, I just have to live with it so to speak. I thought I would have let you know that there are many people like us out there, I know that doesnt really help with the situation. Sorry.

Angie - have you always suffered with this problem, or has it only began since you have had anxiety problems? or have you always had anxiety?.
    Sorry for all of the questions.

SHYGIRLAJB

Hmm I suppose I have always had a prepensity to blush but nothing like this now. It is much more intense and as you feels like sunburn....(why is that?). My anxiety has only been happening since October last year so I don't know - is it related? Yes peoples reactions are pleasant aren't they when I walked into work last week someone decribed me as 'glowing' and I don't think it was a compliment!

WOW, I have just discovered the search engine.....now I have all the answers (ish!) So it does seem that many anxiety sufferers have this problem. How can it be that anxiety can have such a vast array of symptoms...?!?! Just one thing that hasn't been answered though and that is why does the redness and soreness (like sunburn) remain for such a long time after the initial blush..........

Oh yes!!! - I get this all the time. I guess it doesn't help that I am a redhead with fair skin.

I can just be sitting there and not thinking about anything stressful in particular and my cheeks go this bright red. I have to excuse myself and go to the bathroom and put some cold compresses on my face because I find it soooo embarrassing. Particularly at work and especially when it is commented on.

I just say - oh you know that time of the month!!!! That excuse is going to wear thin though.

I too get this a lot, particularly at work, or in social situations. It is really awful, but I have found no other solution than to try to ignore it. My friends at work are quite used to it now and don't tend to comment. It's almost acceptable at the moment to have a red face, people just think it's sunburn, or your hot. I think it's harder in the winter. It's awful when people stare but the more you focus on what other people are thinking about you the worse it gets.

My neck goes all blotchy, and my face is bright red. When I'm at work now and someone asks sometimes I just tell them it due to a panic attack, and people are usually remarkably understanding. Sometimes I mention it first and make a joke of it before they get chance to comment (usually only do this with people I know quite well at work).

More often than not though it's a case of grinning and bearing it in the hope it goes away. But personally I find that once it starts it doesn't usually go away till I'm out of that situation, ie driving home from work with the air con on full pelt, lol!!

Started with this symptom just this year, drives me scranny looking like ive run a marathon

Horrid isn't it, my doctor has just prescribed me a low level of anti-biotics to see if it can reduce the redness and soreness (fingers crossed) also has anyone (ladies obviously) tried the green concealer route, if so does it work? (cuz in aint cheap...!!!)

i have tried all sorts of makeup and definately the heavier ones to help although if i go red it does shine through and my skin gets SO hot that i think it just melts the make up off.....in my work i have to have one to one interviews and meetings and even speak in front of large groups which i try and avoid at all costs as just to get through i need a few tablets and even then i still find sometimes i can hardly speak as my mouth feels like it is shaking - and all the while i feel so 'silly' but i KNOW i cant help it

Thread Information