Thread: This is Me!

This is Me!

Hi Everyone, I've been visiting this site for a while now and it has helped me deal with my stress and anxiety, just knowing your not alone is a help. So I thought I would tell you how my problems started, or how I think they started.

Over the past 4 years there has been alot of bereavment in my life, all being people who are pretty close. First there was my Dad who died suddenly (heart attack), but I had the task of trying to keep him alive while the ambulance came.
    Then there was my best mates brother, he died from cancer, this too was also sudden and a shock, especially as he was only a year older than me.
    Then my auntie, again died suddenly last year.

I though i was keeping it together, but then christmas last year I had my first big panic attack. The reason for this was beacause I couldn't make a simple decision on where to go for christmas day. As stupid as it sounds thats all it took for the stress levels to overflow.

Luckily for me a finally saw a doctor who realised and sent me for counselling and didn't just give me drugs. After eight weeks of counselling i am feeling much better. ( As does everyone I still have my off days!)

I have learnt to recognise when things are getting too much, not to take too much on, to realise that I can't keep everyone safe (even though I would like too) and to try and not to be too hard on myself, oh and to look forwards to the future and not back! Afterall our memories are more important to concentrate on than worrying all of the time.

Sorry, I didn't realise I'd babbled so much!

So there you go, thats my reasons for being here!

PS A really good book is "Face the Fear and Do It Anyway" by Susanne Jeffers is brilliant and inspirational.

Hi,

You have had to del with a lot haven't you. It's good to hear that you are doing better now and that the counselling has helped. I'm on the waiting list for counselling so its good to hear its helped someone else. I am looking at what books would be good to read at the moment so i'll get the one you mentioned thank you. I agree with looking forward not back, certainly helps but is hard to do at times.

Take care

Richard

Hi H,
    Yes it does just sometimes take that one little extra thing to really make us overflow when that pint pot is too full. The trick is then not to go into fear of the fear pattern

Glad you've got all the right help and are on the right track..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi ya,
    Can relate to what you have been going through.
    Nursed my Mum through cancer...lost my Dad a little later...Best mate dying at 40 years old.
    Counselling is great...it helped me, but, as you say you can get down days.
    I agree with Meg....
    The book you mentioned is one of my favs....recommend it to everybody..
    The people on this site are wonderful. I'm glad I found the place.
    Take care

with good wishes

Zena

Hi H,

So sorry to hear about all the bereavment you have suffered. You have done so well though coming through it and coping with it all.

I really admire your attitude you are so right! About not being to hard on yourself! Its so easy to blame ourselves for everything hey!

Keep up the positive attitude!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

Hi there and an official welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear about all your losses - must have been very hard for you.

I am pleased that you are now realising little things that you can do and change to help yourself.

Any questions please ask away.

Nicola

Hi Hourglass

Welcome to the forum. Glad you got the help you needed and are now feeling much better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi and well done to you for being so positive and not letting it take control.

You have being through a lot and have managed to pull yourself through it. A reason to be proud of yourself and admiration to other who read you post.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Thread Information