Hi all...

About a year ago I had an endoscopy for my acid reflux symptoms and they found 10 fundic gland ployps in my stomach... They are benign and they removed them then and there. They also did a colonoscopy a few days later to check for more polyps there, but thankfully there were none. Now it is a year later and I had another endoscopy as they wanted to follow up... They found and removed 10 more fundic gland polyps. They said I do not need a colonoscopy this year as the last one had been clear...

The problem is that I googled While fundic gland polyps are totally benign, they are related to an inherited disorder called familial adenomatous polyposis (or something to that effect) which always results in colon cancer. So of course I freaked! My dad, who is a gastrenterologist and who was present at both my endoscopies, says there is nohing to worry about and that I do not have that and that my colonoscopy was clear. But I am still panicking! Since I had so many stomach polyps and since I once had a sebaceous cyst on my back (these cysts are also listed as being related to the disorder I mentioned) I cannot help thinking the worst!

Has anyone ever had these polyps or had any experience like this? Please help! My health anxiety had been ok for so long and now I feel it coming back and I am scared

Thanks a lot!

Lola