Thread: CBT

CBT

Hi all

Have just been reading the positive feedback regarding CBT which has given me a great feeling after my day today

I went for an assessment today at my local mental healthcentre. Have been quite stressed lately over the wedding just in terms of money, but that is something I am doing things about and just need to be patient!!!

The main thing are my insecurities and sometimes the need for "approval" from others. This is kind of the "last" thing that needs sorting in me I feel. I have grown in confidence so much in the last few months but cant seem to shake nagging doubts about if I am good enough for my b/f etc.

Anyway, the lady I saw said it looks like I have put in a lot of groundwork and thinks that CBT would be really good for me. I am so pleased, that is the therapy I was hoping she would suggest

So she is going to get back to me as to whether I will be put straight on the list or have to go back to my GP to be referred there but now I have a direction to move in so am feeling much more positive about it - just wanted to share

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Re: CBT

go lil

cbt is great for helping change negative thinking

there are 2 sites that use cbt too

livinglifetothefull and moodgym that u may want to check out

mill xxx

I hope you do get it Lilith, because if you work hard on the exercises it will help you feel so much better

I got a call and have to see a CBT therapist on Monday and then we can go from there, so things are moving quicker than I thought

I think its a new initiative in Stoke providing CBT for more people which is great, so I'm glad I am going to benefit from it.

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

That's great to hear Let me know how it goes?

Thread Information