Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toilet trouble

Question Toilet trouble

Last week I had a little bit of toilet trouble, some diarrhea and had to run to the toilet or I went about 4 or 5 times and I was worried but it passed in a day or two.

I had a tiny little bit of red when I had been...I don't think I was having a panic attack at the time.

Has anybody else had this symptom? It seems to have come back today.

Re: Toilet trouble

Sounds like piles to me - the doc can confirm this but I get it a lot

Was it bright red blood?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Sounds like piles to me - the doc can confirm this but I get it a lot

Was it bright red blood?
    Is piles something to do with anxiety?

not really just a small mark, dry not that noticeable.

Piles is caused cos of the amount of times you go to the loo and that is an anxiety symptom.

I had diarrhea for over 2 years and they just said it was anxiety and mine does get worse when I am stressed.

Mind you - I have recently been diagnosed with Chrons as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've just had this symptom last week for 2/3 days and I was fine and today it came back.

Is it something to worry about?

Nothing to worry but I am sure loads on here will tell you that they get this symptom when stressed or suffering anxiety.

Like I said I had it constant for a long long time and the docs were never worried.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Piles is caused cos of the amount of times you go to the loo and that is an anxiety symptom.

I had diarrhea for over 2 years and they just said it was anxiety and mine does get worse when I am stressed.

Mind you - I have recently been diagnosed with Chrons as well.
    Hi there, my husband suffers from Chrones also, which we think was brought on by stress. I know only too well the pain and discomfort of what sufferers of Chrones have to put up with and it is not very pleasant. Hope you get it sorted soon, warmest regards Spirit,

Spirit - thanks

I have it under controkl with medication and apparently it is in the mild stages so I don't suffer too much (just bouts of diarrhea).

Hope your hubbie is ok too?

I suffer from IBS and it does seem to get worse when I am stressed or worried about something. My symptons are the same as yours. To be honest, I do worry about anything easily but I have learnt to cope with my IBS a bit better. To be honest, I have noticed a tiny amount of blood on the tissue but this does not happen to often. I have managed to figure out that this mainly happens when my IBS is playing up and I have been to the toilet many times therefore creating a little cut. It is the tinest bit of blood like the amount you would get from a paper cut. In total it the doctors 2 years to diagnose me with IBS. They have put me on Mintec which can be brought over the counter. It is a green tablet that contains peppermint oil. My husband suffers very rarely with IBS but he takes a Mintec capsule and feels a lot better. You could also try Ginger Root tablets as they are very good for your intestines and I swear by them. I hope this helps.

Gemma

If I'm stressed I get an upset tummy Have you tried take some immodium? I once spoke the pharmacist as mine was hanging around for a couple of days and she says that sometimes the stomach goes into spasm and it needs help to settle down so hence the immodium. I normally find just 2 tablets calms everything down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information