Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAUSEA - and reducing it

Vicky

If ya in a car look at the front window. Not sure whether you already knew that

Jade

I always sit in the front seat for long journeys

Teresa,

Ginger is really good for tummmy issues as is slippery elm if you've got a history of being prone to ulcers.

All you in the USA have a great range of ginger sweets/chews which I found very helpful but they won't send out of Flag range..

www.gingerpeople.com.

I used to rely on and swear by fizzy/tonic water to relieve the trapped wind which I'd swallowed when nervous. This often instantly relieved the nausea.

Essential oil of ginger is also great in a hot bath when you're certain you've got a cold coming.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

quote:Originally posted by Vicky

I carry around a bottle of water, to take sips if I feel sick. Also, polo mints really seem to help. I concentrate on things like fesh air, and breezes, and iceburgs and things that do not make me feel sick.
    Water and polo mints, that's exactly what I do, don't know what I'd do without them sometimes! Never thought of icebergs before though, I'll have to try that one.

Re: NAUSEA - and reducing it

Just a note: if your nausea comes from acid reflux, peppermint may make the problem worse. If I consume anything minty (toothpaste, mint tea, gum, candy, etc.) when my GERD is flared up, it makes me much more bloated and burpy and uncomfortable.

I much prefer ginger to help with nausea. It doesn't work wonders, but it helps. I just slowly chew on candied ginger. I also take a fair amount of gravol (dramamine) which is meant for motion sickness but helps me. It also makes you tired and helps calm you down. Be careful though-taking it too often makes it less effective and you need more. That's happened to me and it sucks!

I find Melissa drops (by Weleda or others) help with Nausea. Also eating crystallised ginger seems to calm my stomach.

I have had really severe nausea and sickness following a spinal anaesthetic. I seem to be worse each time I have any sort of anaesthetic. Next time I am going to have acupuncture before the op and also stimulate my P6 pressure point. I did eventually manage to keep some sprite down at 2.am!! I had a drip to replace fluids. There are so many meds I cannot tolerate or that contraindicate with the lithium I am on. EJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information